Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone out there who might be able to help me out with adjusting my clutch and setting my valve's?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Look in the manual down load for the valves. The hardest part is just getting to them. Took me about hour or hour and a half the first time.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks yeah I actually just downloaded it plus Phucknutz gave me a quick run down, Thanks tho

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I find myself a pretty damn good mechanic, put several upgrades in motors but never on wheelers, I adjusted my valves myself with the correct tolerances and put everything back together and started it up and it sounds like I have a rocker tick, does this go away?
I'm pretty sure I set the piston to top dead center correctly and used the correct feeler gauges .006 on intake and .008 on exhaust. Maybe let it heat up and I'm thinking it'll go away in time too, any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Was the bike cold when you set them? Although it would make them tighter if it was warm.

Did it tick before? Did you check and see what they were before you adjusted them.

I hear a noise every time I work on something, wrenchin paranoia will make you second guess yourself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The bike was cold, i didn't let it warm up yet after adjusting the valves. The intake was a tight .004, and the exhaust was a tight .006, now they're set with a very slight drag on proper tolerances, i'm going to check them again and make sure they're fine, then let put it together and let it warm up.

·
Registered
201 Posts
the tick means there is clearence. if they were tight there was no noise and you were used to that?

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I decided to go back in and found i messed up one of the valves on the exhaust side, it was at about .010, no idea how i did it, must of forgot to check it after i torqued it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts