Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
So there it is pretty much a unanimous our stock shocks suck but for us every other riders where buying elkas isn't a real option what suspension settings are suggested? My only real suspension upgrade in the near future is a sway bar. So would you say soft up front and medium out back with a sway bar?
try and find some ds 450 front shocks cheap on ebay or the can-am forums. that'll be the best bang for buck.
i weigh 190 and i have my fronts a couple threads from the top or from all the way soft. works fine for me...
but i'm getting fox float x evol's soon! :xx:

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Most high end sport quads come with good shocks. Unfortunately Honda puts junk on there bike's! I got my XX for $4,500 other wise I would have bought a raptor 700r se wich comes with fully adjustable shocks! I wanted to try the IRS and I figured I could afford better shocks because I got the bike so cheap!

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
well i'll have to disagree! the rappy handles like it's on rails and has fully adjustable shocks. 700xx has preload and body roll only! haha

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
yeah i agree with overlord but most people upgrade performance stuff before they get their quad handling better which it should be the other way around. I done the same thing got the big 3 first, but now im working on getting the front suspension upgraded probaly with the texteira upper a arms. i will probaly get the stock shocks revalved and sprung at wiigstyle.
Thats the problem with the stock XX front shocks! They are throw away shocks. They can't be serviced! Gotta buy new when they're shot.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
yeah the raptor has first quality shocks on it stock thats the only downfall with honda is that they put shitty shocks on there quads in the front, honda has always been like that but i dont understand why.
I agree with you man! I love the XX but with some better shocks it would take this bike to the next level!

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Also Overlord i plan on going a similar route as you mate! I am gonna get fox shox front and back but am not sure if i should get Ed's stock replacement upper a-arms or houser +75 a-arms?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
OK thanks mate! I REALLY like the houser stuff! i really dont need the extra width though as i ride in the woods 90% of the time. thats why i was considering Ed's upper a-arms so i can adjust my caster to make the thing turn betterand still stay stock width.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts