Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
So there it is pretty much a unanimous our stock shocks suck but for us every other riders where buying elkas isn't a real option what suspension settings are suggested? My only real suspension upgrade in the near future is a sway bar. So would you say soft up front and medium out back with a sway bar?
try and find some ds 450 front shocks cheap on ebay or the can-am forums. that'll be the best bang for buck.
i weigh 190 and i have my fronts a couple threads from the top or from all the way soft. works fine for me...
but i'm getting fox float x evol's soon! :xx:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yea I'll probably just run what I got until I have issues but right now I'm not ridding enough to warrant new shocks. Probably just go with sway bar and better tires. I'm a former sport bike rider, I hit a deer at about 60 in June and my wife broke her back so no more 2wheelers, but I went to start tinkering with my suspension and realized I only had preload adjusters and was like WTF!?!? I gotta pay extra for rebound and compression? Lol all my bikes came stock with those but I know it's totally different

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Most high end sport quads come with good shocks. Unfortunately Honda puts junk on there bike's! I got my XX for $4,500 other wise I would have bought a raptor 700r se wich comes with fully adjustable shocks! I wanted to try the IRS and I figured I could afford better shocks because I got the bike so cheap!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Boys if your looking for some good suspension at a discount price I would send your stock rear shocks to Josh at Wiigstyle then I would talk with Teixeira about the deals they are now offering for the front. You know its strange people spend the money on the big three with out a thought but hesitate to buy suspension and thats wear your speed lays. I put my 700xx up against a 100hp Raptor every weekend and walk away with it every time

Overlord

·
Registered
201 Posts
Most high end sport quads come with good shocks. Unfortunately Honda puts junk on there bike's! I got my XX for $4,500 other wise I would have bought a raptor 700r se wich comes with fully adjustable shocks! I wanted to try the IRS and I figured I could afford better shocks because I got the bike so cheap!

raptor? there stock suspension is nothing to write home about.

the honda runs better and handles better hands down?:xx:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
yeah i agree with overlord but most people upgrade performance stuff before they get their quad handling better which it should be the other way around. I done the same thing got the big 3 first, but now im working on getting the front suspension upgraded probaly with the texteira upper a arms. i will probaly get the stock shocks revalved and sprung at wiigstyle.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
So there it is pretty much a unanimous our stock shocks suck but for us every other riders where buying elkas isn't a real option what suspension settings are suggested? My only real suspension upgrade in the near future is a sway bar. So would you say soft up front and medium out back with a sway bar?
I say soft out back with the sway bar. Only issue that I have with the stock suspension for trail riding is the pogo sticking rears in the whoops.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
yeah i agree with overlord but most people upgrade performance stuff before they get their quad handling better which it should be the other way around. I done the same thing got the big 3 first, but now im working on getting the front suspension upgraded probaly with the texteira upper a arms. i will probaly get the stock shocks revalved and sprung at wiigstyle.
Thats the problem with the stock XX front shocks! They are throw away shocks. They can't be serviced! Gotta buy new when they're shot.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
yeah the raptor has first quality shocks on it stock thats the only downfall with honda is that they put shitty shocks on there quads in the front, honda has always been like that but i dont understand why.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Boys first up the 100hp Raptor I ride with has Elka stage 4 front and back and he dosent stand a chance against my Fox shoed 700xx there is just no comparison. The only place he can get on top is in a straight out drag race and boy do I get a stomping. Red just to let you Know you can service the front shocks if you know a good suspension tec but you would not bother. YOU WANT SPEED BOYS YOU NEED SUSPENSION PERIOD.

Overlord

·
Registered
340 Posts
First up no disrespect to Josh but my stock fronts were rebuilt I had the oil upgraded to slow rebound, I have little caps tapped into the bottom of my stockers to drain the oil out. Mate the +.75 make a difference plus Houser make real nice products. A good reason to buy the Houser arms are the Gull Wing style for maximun ground clearance. Mate I do like EDS upper replacement arms nice.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
OK thanks mate! I REALLY like the houser stuff! i really dont need the extra width though as i ride in the woods 90% of the time. thats why i was considering Ed's upper a-arms so i can adjust my caster to make the thing turn betterand still stay stock width.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.