Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 700xxand was looking into some mods. Other than running the 10" tire sizes are there any real advantages/disadvantages to running the smaller wheel vs. the 11" for trail riding? Just wanna make sure before I buy tires this week.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Because of the offset you can run much wider tires on the 11" vs the 10" without having to worry about slamming your rear tires off of trees bc of narrow trails.. I run wide mud tires on the 11's and am going to run rzr's on the 10's.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The only reason I bought the 10's for mine is for sand tires. I am planning on running Bear Claws on my stock 11's.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
yeah tire selection is the major advantage especially for sand tires otherwise u have to go to 12's. one disavantage and this happened on my buddys outlaw 525 irs with out the scrapers u can get a rock jamed in there and punch a hole in the rim or tear cv boots up

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I bought mine because Maxxis do not import there 11" Razr and any other 11" tyre would 23" tall . Too tall for tree dodging. I run Kenda Klaw 20x11x10 which is too wide for the rim. I wish they would build a 20x9.5x10 and ITP would build a beadlock or reinforcing rim on the outside. Maybe send my next pair to OMF and get some fitted.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I would have to agree that there is no real advantage to a 10" rear rim except for more tire choices and for sand tires in particular. The offset you'd need to have would also make the rear wider and if you didn't also widen the front as well in some manner, you'd also increase the front end push. IMO

roadkill

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
More tire/less rim also improves traction a bit (why you'll see MX and XC riders using 8" or 9" wheels opposed to 10"), gives a slightly 'comfier' ride, and protects the rim more if you hit something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts