Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
The Trail Tech Vapor is a good product... for some machines more than others. I'll explain...
1. They attach to the quad at the steering stem/bar mount point. For our quad, it means the idiot lights have to be relocated along with the gas tank breather hose.
2. To measure RPM, you need to attach a lead to your spark plug/plug wire.
3. To measure temp, you need to connect to radiator hose.
4. To measure speed, you need to attach sensors to front wheel and a-arm. It measures how many times the wheel sensor goes past the a-arm sensor... The problem with that is, you also have to enter the circumference of the tire into the unit to get an accurate reading on speed... In other words, how many inches the wheel travels in one revolution.

roadkill

P.S. I got your PM about finding a muffler.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
were would you go about relocating the dummie lights

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
were would you go about relocating the dummie lights
That's a good question. But, I didn't add that to my quad... just helped a friend add one to his Yami. There are a few on here that have done this with a 700xx and have relocated the dummy lights and have posted pics.

Here's a link to idiot lights relocated using the Trail Tech bar clamps from Jake777
http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6422&highlight=Trail+Tech

There are other post with other members doing different things to relocate... you just have to use the "search" feature to find them.

roadkill

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what size rims are on the 700xx stock

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I relocated the Dummy Lights under the Top Cover, similar to 5wop3... All you need is a Dremel with a cut-off wheel, a grinding tool to smooth the plastic after the cut and some velcro from homedepot. You can get fancy and spend some time on it and make it look like it was factory.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a trail tech vapor and I didn't have to relocate the lights on the stock dash. all i had to do was get rid of the tank vent line, and then I ran the wires to the trail tech up through the hole where the vent line use to be and then used some double sided tape to mount the trail tech to the stock dash board.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts