Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been said before but now it's my turn... I put a pro armor bumper on my 700 and have been riding 3 times and the welds have broke. So I ask why can these companies make a product to work with our ATV and not against it.:steamed:I mean we pay a lot of hard earned money for this stuff.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
that is ridiculus,there is a big problem there. Just think most of us dont even race,and if there products cant hold up to hard core trail riding theres something wrong. But there products seem to hold up on the MXcircuit, and crosscountry races on other quads.I still have the stock bumper on mine, ithink it looks better than all the after maket ones i have seen except for those ones from across the pond but they wanted too much for shipping. I want a blingstar ironcross bumper for mine,i am trying to contact them to see if they will make a bumper for the 700xx. there victory bumper would look awsome on the 700xx too,it is v shaped to fit the lines on the 700xx better.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I know this has been said before but now it's my turn... I put a pro armor bumper on my 700 and have been riding 3 times and the welds have broke. So I ask why can these companies make a product to work with our ATV and not against it.:steamed:I mean we pay a lot of hard earned money for this stuff.
You should try putting rubber between where the mounts are, its mentioned in another thread. I did that when I bought my new PRM bumper, and the only place it has broke is at 2 different welds from when I was bending it back after hitting someone.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, when I get it fixed I'm going to make some rubber mounts to work with the bumper...my thought about the whole thing is don't they they test this stuff before they marketed then they would see the problem and come up with a mount to work with the bumper and frame.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
yeah, when I get it fixed I'm going to make some rubber mounts to work with the bumper...my thought about the whole thing is don't they they test this stuff before they marketed then they would see the problem and come up with a mount to work with the bumper and frame.
I get your point, but they probably didn't have a lot of ride time on it. Got a model to fabricate parts on, and that was it.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
That sucks! All my proarmor stuff has held up great so far benn on for over a year. I lift my entire quad up on end with the front bumper and Still holding strong

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, but I guess you the good w/the bad. I'll make it work.

·
Registered
538 Posts
dang, pro armour stuff is normally perdie sturdy, maybe the chinese are making them now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
honda must of known that frame has to much movement, that is probably why they went with the plastic front bumber. allows it to flex with frame.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
The frame flex caught out a few manufacturers ,some have altered there design , now that they know . Best bet is to rubber mount your front bumper.:D

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Working on making rubber mounts and seeing about getting bumper fixed. I'm also checking out the PRM Desert II bumper ... look like someone did they're homework.

·
Registered
60 Posts
check out prm's edge" 700xx logo" bumber:yay:

·
Registered
667 Posts
I am going to change to the PRM bumper also, they seem to do the engineering and make stuff work! Still not sold on the rear time bomb tank! LMFAO

1 - 16 of 16 Posts