Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I have the powerboomb header and it gets super hot. I just ignore my nerve endings :), j/k. I dont have a heat shield on it or anything, I just either wear either my riding boots, an extra long pair of socks, or just not set my leg so close to it. I am positive that a few people are using that heat tape. I read somewhere (on here or thumpertalk) where they are using it. Sorry I don't have any more info for ya.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
So I was being my usual self yesterday and messing around. We had 2 new riders with us, both girls on 400ex's. Well I was doing donuts in the gravel bed (some big swooping ones in 3rd gear about 3/4 constant throttle) , and kept my right leg on the exhaust not meaning to. It was about 10F here, so I had jeans and some carharts bibs on. Well needless to say, I felt my leg starting to get a little warm for my liking, so I moved it away from the exhaust, as I normally would. Well after another donut or two, I notice that my legs is getting hotter, so I look down, and my damn carharts were up in flames. Needless to say I jumped off and tried patting it out. Didn't work, tried rolling around, and still nothing. Then the light bulb clicked on and I realized I was sitting on a crap load of snow, so I started covering it with that. Well, apparently the exhaust gets so hot that it will cause a brand new pair of carhart bibs to go up in flames, along with my jeans. I have a pretty nice burn on my shin, but I am thinking now i should put the heat shield back on. Just thought some of you would get a little bit of a chuckle out of this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts