Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what is the quietest exhaust on the market.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I hear Lexx slip-on is pretty quiet with the quiet core in, & it's removable if you want to wake the neighbours. I'm leaning towards it myself & they make a fuel controller as well. Best thing is they're cheap, plenty of good reviews on R/Mountain atv.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. I am going to call the companies and find out the decibels on all three. not really worried about power going to get that with nitrous.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I would say if you are going to go through all of that then you would need to spend the money on a quality full exhaust.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
The quietest exhaust is Leo Vince. Its built here in Europe (Italy) where dbs are alot lower than the US for racing. It's also one of the lightest being completely built out of titanium , the only one so far.

It comes with alot inserts with the exhaust that you can basically pick the dbs you want. Very handy but expensive.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would say if you are going to go through all of that then you would need to spend the money on a quality full exhaust.
Show me a full exhaust that is lower than 95dbs and i would buy it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anybody know what the dbs level of the stock exhaust is.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
HMF with the quiet core insert is between 96-98 decibels.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I think the FMF Q4 is around 95 db and im pretty sure they make a quiet core insert for it as well. From what ive heard on here, its even quieter with the header, but i cant say for sure.
I really like the sound of the Q4, and it had a noticeable increase in power

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
yea, looks like the leo vince is 94db, so it is just slightly quieter. Doubt you can tell a difference in 1db though

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thinking of going with the leo vince full titanium exhaust. Does anyone know what horse power i should expect. got a pcv and going to get high comp piston and stage 3 hotcam

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just bit the bullet & ordered the Lexx Mxe slip-on & fuel controller. Will give some feedback after I get it fitted up & some saddle time on it in a couple of weeks time.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Stock is 88db.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
The Leo Vince will get you down to 92dbs. If you are looking for something below 95dbs then you have alot of choices. Most have a 94dbs inserts and are alot cheaper.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just buy a barkers or curtis sparks and take out the quiet core.... the power is worth it!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I found a leo vince full titanium exhaust for $700 with free shipping. So a $150 to $200 more i think i will buy the leo vince if it will give the most power and still be really quiet. just wondering if anybody knows what i should expect with a cam, piston and leo vince full exhaust.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Probly close to 50 horse power maybe a little less.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
I found a leo vince full titanium exhaust for $700 with free shipping. So a $150 to $200 more i think i will buy the leo vince if it will give the most power and still be really quiet. just wondering if anybody knows what i should expect with a cam, piston and leo vince full exhaust.
Crash21 put down 45hp SAE corrected on our dyno. He has 11:1 piston and stage 2 hot cam. Stage 3 will get you another couple of HP. Both cams drop in with no changes needed in springs and rocker arms.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts