Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Aftermarket parts experience

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  msg harmon 
#1 ·
Sorry to vent, but here goes... I attempted to install my goodies this weekend, but could only make so much progress.

The AC Racing bumper and grab bar both had issues: The bumper had one hole about ½” off, and it had to be oblonged to get the bumper to mount. Once I did though it looked great and was worth the extra effort to install. But then the grab bar mounts were so far off I had to call AC and arrange a return for an exchange. (two more weeks…)

The PRM skid plates were going on great; it was a little awkward to get all the holes to line up on the main chassis plate due to its size, but once they started lining up it was a perfect fit. The rear A-arm plates went on like butter, re-using the original Allen bolts. But once again the luck would end, as they sent me the wrong damn front A-arm plates!:mad: They were entirely too small, and none of the holes were even close. Obviously for another machine, so once again call and arrange another return (another two weeks)!!!

This is a bunch of crap, and I hope to get correct parts, and parts that are made right next time!!!:steamed: OK, I'm finished now...:nuts:

#3 · (Edited)
I just went through the same stuff with Pro Armor. I sent them a PowerPoint file showing EXACTLY what they did wrong to make it a b!tch to install their stuff on my xx. Everything from a bent bumper bracket to bolts that were too short. When I called them they acted like they have never, ever had any bad reviews or experiences with their products. But with a little research and I find it's a very common occurrence with their 700xx parts. My PRM rear a arm skids were not the best fit, but went on after a little "finessing" of the plates.

#5 ·
I had issues with my Pro Armor nerfs as well. I emailed my issues to them.

#8 ·
Nerfs and Bumper

I purchased the Pro Armor Dominator Front bumper and DG Nerfs. Both parts went on without any problems. I was very surprised. I think it took about 15 minutes for the bumper and I say 1 1/2 for the nerfs. The hardest part of the nerfs was the webbing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.