Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 700XX mod information wanted

Hey, Just got out of the dealer with my 700XX. Looking to purchase full exhaust & programmer, what would you guys recommend for make & models & what other mods should I be looking for first.

·
Registered
253 Posts
*Sigh* Another person to envy...

Anyways, welcome to the site. I believe Power Commander has the best programmer out right now for the XX. Alba just released a full exhaust system that is supposed to be pretty awesome. Haven't seen a price or anything on it yet. HMF also has some nice systems for the XX. I really like the Yoshimura RS-2, but they only have a slip-on. As far as other mods go new tires, air filter and a 13t front sprocket should set you up nicely.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
UNI Airfilter
EHS Lid
Power Commander 5 (I have a PC3, works just as good)
Alba full exhaust
13t Sprocket
Nerfs (everyone says stay away from pro armor, I have Honda Racing, only thing I wish they were black)

Experience,
Experience,
Experience,
Experience,
Experience,
Experience,
Experience,
Experience...

·
Registered
253 Posts
I agree with nerf bars. Can't count how many times I have lost footing only to find a nice webbing to catch my foot. The AC Racing and PRM ones are supposed to be pretty good, too.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I agree with nerf bars. Can't count how many times I have lost footing only to find a nice webbing to catch my foot. The AC Racing and PRM ones are supposed to be pretty good, too.
I'm not a fan of the AC ones, they' dont follow the lines of the bike very well. The PRM "floorboards" look pretty cool though. I might pick some of those up. I was going to do Pro Armor, even though everyone says not to, but I HEARD the Honda Racing ones were made by them, and if that's the case it won't solve the problem I have. 23" tall Front tires rub - alot

·
Registered
253 Posts
I never actually seen the Black Line Pro Peg Nerfs on an XX. I was thinking they'd look pretty good. You know of any pictures of them?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
There are pics on ebay of them, but this is a member here. These are not the ones with the heel guards so these are fine, they look like my Honda Racing ones, but maybe a little bit shorter.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks you guy's for the good info. I was thinking of going FMF with a full exhaust & programmer but I see that everyone uses a PC but I'm scared that I won't be able to set it right. I had a PC on my TL100S & had lot's of trouble tuning it right. Also just wondering what's not good about pro armour nerf's? Do they not fit right?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I have a full FMF with the PowerCore4 and am satisfied with it, There are maps available on this site for both the PCIII & PCV. If your budget allows get the PowerCommander.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks you guy's for the good info. I was thinking of going FMF with a full exhaust & programmer but I see that everyone uses a PC but I'm scared that I won't be able to set it right. I had a PC on my TL100S & had lot's of trouble tuning it right. Also just wondering what's not good about pro armour nerf's? Do they not fit right?
Get a Power Commander V with the Auto Tune and it will always be set.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Also just wondering what's not good about pro armour nerf's? Do they not fit right?
People were having fitment problems and bolt holes not being large enough and bolts not being long enough.

+1 on the PC V

·
Registered
57 Posts
I recently purchased some pro armors and to be honest I like them and pretty simple to install, one thing I recommend is to have somebody to help you to make the install easy.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ok, so what's the difference between the 08 and 09 models? According to powercomanders website the pcIII is only avail for the 08 and the pcV is only avail for 09............... i didnt' think there were any design changes on this bike yet?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Dunno why they only list it for the 09, I have an 08 and it plugged right up.

·
Registered
445 Posts
DynoJet tested the PCV on an '09 so thats the only model it has been approved for.

I'm with VelociRaptor on the PCV.......not entirely convinced yet although I am coming around. I will never use it to "Autotune" after making engine mods.

What I do like with the PCV is that I would only use the "Autotune" module after doing a complete dyno tune. What I am hoping to acheive is that as my filter gets clogged up and conditions change my PCV will adjust to suit. This way I will not be running rich, should get better fuel ecconomy and be running close to max performance at all times.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The PCV is great, Its not a totally new design so if you liked the PCIII you'll love the PCV. Its simply a PCIII with a few more fuel steps and ports to add all kinda electronic goodies. Its also allot smaller.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts