1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
192 Posts
They look good, full coverage. I usually don't mind stock plastic skidplates, just wish they had more coverage like those. And I found that after I bough a full skid plate for my Rincon, I abused the underbelly more because I had protection, lol.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Easystreet--

I don't have one of those UHMW skid sets, but always wanted one. The guys on the Can-Am forums always used Ricochet aluminum skids, but a bunch of people are over them. They're heavy, and they're not slick. As in, they do a terrible job of sliding over rocks (aluminum galls too easily, so it grabs pointed rocks). And snow sticks to aluminum pretty badly. Everyone seemed to really like the UHMW. That stuff is very slick, and is kinda self-lubricating on abrasive surfaces. I mean, that's why they make cutting boards out of it.

So, if I really used the XX in rocks, I'd absolutely be getting these. Good luck, and please let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the main skid plate and it is tough and light. It was a little tricky to put on but I am happy with it

·
Registered
151 Posts
They look really nice.
On my 400EX I had an aluminum pro-armor body skid and an armadillo swing arm skid pad.

I had been looking for options for the 700xx. Maybe this is the way to go.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm gonna do this one. I don't want the aluminum rattle or weight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts