Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are the photos of all my goodies installed. The Razrs are the best mod yet. They all but eliminated the front end push and make it easy to flip a quick 180 to turn around. The Pro Armor Maxi-Misers are for a 450R, but they fit perfect on to the XX pegs. I had to cut a little plastic off the front edge of the heel guard, but they look like they are meant to be on there now. The Pro Armor skids fit great, but the bolts they sent out for the three bolts that thread where the stock skidplate was were too short. I had to run to Menards and pick up some 6mmX30mm and the bolts they sent were 6mmX20mm. The XX is starting to take shape! Here are a few pics!

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Nice work!
I spent about 3 hours trying to get my Pro Armor nerfs installed today....I'm pretty pissed off cuz shit ain't lining up like it should. Don't know what to do at this point. They look great, but if they don't fit right, what's the point? I know Posterboy got his on, so maybe I just got a bad set.

·
Registered
131 Posts
ok with your fmf slip on how did it go on the header? the directions said to use heat silicone but i will be replacing the header so i didnt want to do that. so i put it on and it dont leak so i just left it like that. did you have this problem to?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok with your fmf slip on how did it go on the header? the directions said to use heat silicone but i will be replacing the header so i didnt want to do that. so i put it on and it dont leak so i just left it like that. did you have this problem to?

Here's what I used, I don't think you'll have any problem getting the muffler and headpipe apart when you upgrade to a header. I plan on getting a Powerbomb header this summer sometime. My muffler had a leak between the canister and the rear cone that i had to seal up with silicone as well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice work!
I spent about 3 hours trying to get my Pro Armor nerfs installed today....I'm pretty pissed off cuz shit ain't lining up like it should. Don't know what to do at this point. They look great, but if they don't fit right, what's the point? I know Posterboy got his on, so maybe I just got a bad set.
I've owned several ATV's over the last 15 years, and I have never put on a set of nerfs that I didn't have to fight with to make them fit. I just quit using them. I'm over 30 and fat now, so I am not going to be racing anytime soon:lol:. The stock plastic heelguards are fine for me!

·
Registered
537 Posts
My Pro Armor skids were a P.I.T.A to install also. The bolts that came with mine were also too short for the chassis plate and I also went with 30mm bolts. Also the chassis plate did not have the hole cut out for the tube that comes out of the engine. The swing arm mounting plate that goes on top of the frame had the spacer off location by about 1.5mm making it a b!tch to get lined up. Had to shave a little metal off of it to get it to fit. My Pro XC bumper had the left side bracket off by about an inch. Not sure if it was dropped or too much heat when welded. I bent it back pretty easy though. The M8x20mm bolts they provide are only good for 2 of the 3 mounting points. The bottom one when used with a 3/16th's plate will need a 25mm bolt to get enough bite in the welded nut. I called Pro Armor and they said that this was the first time that they have heard of any of these problems. Looks like it's pretty common though.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I've owned several ATV's over the last 15 years, and I have never put on a set of nerfs that I didn't have to fight with to make them fit. I just quit using them. I'm over 30 and fat now, so I am not going to be racing anytime soon:lol:. The stock plastic heelguards are fine for me!

My heelguards were coming apart already last fall, so I had to do something. The stock heelguards and framing is REALLY flimsy. I got my nerfs on today. It took a little sleep and a grinder, but all is good in the world now.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I'm amazed at the still shiny black plastic! Mine only has 20 hrs and looks like I took a wire brush to it.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I'm amazed at the still shiny black plastic! Mine only has 20 hrs and looks like I took a wire brush to it.
I've seen a few good write ups on the Plastic Renew kits, they say as long as there are not deep scratches it does a good job, never tried it myself, but I would when mine gets too bad.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Mine has maybe 5 hours on it, and the ride I took after these photos were taken took a toll on the plastic above the footpegs. I wore my riding boots and it looks like I scuffed the plastic with sandpaper. The plastic body work is not one of the Honda engineer's brighter designs.

·
Registered
425 Posts
You should see the plastics that the polaris outlaw has....if you stare at it hard enough it will crack.

But the quad is looking good there Shee

·
Registered
421 Posts
My buddy bought a used raptor that had a bunch of scratches in the plastic. We took a very fine sand paper, sanded it down and painted over it. Did a great job on the smaller scratches.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I've seen a few good write ups on the Plastic Renew kits, they say as long as there are not deep scratches it does a good job, never tried it myself, but I would when mine gets too bad.
I don't care for it myself. I used it on my Raptor after I rolled it down a hill. It made the plastic shiny, but after a few months it started to flake off and looked like crap. It's kind of like putting schlack (sp?) over the plastic. So I took my plastics in and had them painted. That held up really well.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Mine has maybe 5 hours on it, and the ride I took after these photos were taken took a toll on the plastic above the footpegs. I wore my riding boots and it looks like I scuffed the plastic with sandpaper. The plastic body work is not one of the Honda engineer's brighter designs.
I wrote a post about that plastic above the footpegs. It really becomes an issue if you swap out your stock footpegs and heelguards, or put on nerfs. That plastic ties into the stock heelguard and once you take it off the plastic kind of hangs there. It is a poor design. The fact that it ties into the fender and runs up under the seat magnifies it even more. For most quads, you can get some type of frame guard, but I don't think anyone will be able to make something that will replace that piece. I thought about getting a sheet of that thick decal material and cutting it to fit that piece of plastic. That would help the look at least, and you could re-do it once in a while. Just rambling here...

·
Registered
984 Posts
I don't care for it myself. I used it on my Raptor after I rolled it down a hill. It made the plastic shiny, but after a few months it started to flake off and looked like crap. It's kind of like putting schlack (sp?) over the plastic. So I took my plastics in and had them painted. That held up really well.

thanks for the heads up! :tup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts