Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are after market skid plates work it thinking about get the pro armor ones but not sure if there worth the money? any thoughts??

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
personally, i think they're a must have, unless you only ride dunes.... any trails or hard packed usually have rocks lying around... skids are a great way to protect your ride... IMO, PRM is the way to go

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the Pro Armors on my XX, I like the two piece design better than the one piece design like the PRM. My Pro Armor skids fit very well, but the bolts they sent were not long enough so I had to go to Menard's and buy new bolts. I know some other people on here have had fitment problems but mine fit great--the key is to lift the quad up on to the rear grab bar so that you have easy access to the underside.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have the Pro Armor skids and bumper and if I had to do it over I WILL NEVER buy anything Pro Armor again. Bolts were too short (skids), bumper wouldn't fit without me bending it (black powder coating is flaking off everywhere also), bolt holes on swing arm skid were punched off location by 3mm. PRM or Ricochet is the only way to go. Pro Armor products are now made in China and it reflects in the lack of quality. IMO Pro Armor is about equal with crap made by DG.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I run the PRM's. You pick up some vibration due to the front skid mount attaching to the engine mount but they work great. After watching my cousin deal with his Pro Armor skids and nerfs on his Raptor 700 you couldnt give me a set. Their quality reminds me of a bad Tawainese mini quad. I do have their front bumper (had to bend the braces to fit, the powdercoating is flaking, and the spot welds on the center section are breaking ) all this with about 20 hours of ride time with out running into anything.

·
Registered
537 Posts
and the spot welds on the center section are breaking ) all this with about 20 hours of ride time with out running into anything.
I forgot about the bracket welds. Mine too are broken and have not hit anything. And they won't do anything about it to replace it. I guess they don't even want to cover or deal with their cheap ass Chinese garbage. Hey Pro Armor!! :birds: You WILL NOT get one cent from me ever again!!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man I don't know now wanted to keep it all the same but gotta think about it hope my other stuff don't break

·
Registered
223 Posts
Trust me, it will.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Damn, you guys just changed my mind about Pro Armor. I'll be looking else where. I have a buddy that owns a computerized plasma cutter. I might have him make my skid plates out of some REAL aluminum! Like .5" or something.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
All,
You might want to look into the Honda products. Mine went on easy and look great. So far, no problems. Have about 40 hours on the XX
Sid

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
All,
You might want to look into the Honda products. Mine went on easy and look great. So far, no problems. Have about 40 hours on the XX
Sid
Do they make more than just the nerf bars? I have the Honda Racing nerfs and love them! They fit and look awesome! What other products do they make? They have a website?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Do they make more than just the nerf bars? I have the Honda Racing nerfs and love them! They fit and look awesome! What other products do they make? They have a website?
Honda has everything.

Bumpers
Skids
Grab Bar
Nerfs
Cover

http://powersports.honda.com/accessories/results.aspx

Someone needs to go to a Dealer and get a group buy going. These are not available to us in Canada.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Honda has everything.

Bumpers
Skids
Grab Bar
Nerfs
Cover

http://powersports.honda.com/accessories/results.aspx

Someone needs to go to a Dealer and get a group buy going. These are not available to us in Canada.
Not pulling up a 700xx for me :(

I'd like to see their bumpers and grab bars!

EDIT: I found it under the 2009. I still dont like their bumpers. I think its funny they offer a first aid kit. Must be cause the 700 is THAT bad!!!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
5W0P3,
Thats right, no accessories are listed for the 2008. I asked the Honda Dealer to check with the company and they verified that the 2009 accessory equipment will fit exactly on the 2008. The Honda bumper is OK with me however, that strange looking plastic nose piece has to be removed from the XX to put the bumper on.
Sid

·
Registered
108 Posts
im picking up a sheet of puckboard and building my own. gonna make the front a-arm parts curve up kind of like a ski shape so i can skim/mud easier.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts