Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed one of EHS's airbox covers and I need to say it really helped to keep the dust out of the airbox. After a whole day in the dust, the inside of the box is real clean and the filter on the box should be good for another day or so. They did a nice job of making the covers seal well.

http://www.ehsracing.com/products/trx700xx_airbox_EHS.htm

·
Registered
221 Posts
so youd say they are worth getting? any added benefit with power?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really worth it if you are in dusty areas, like me. I cant really say if there was an increase in power since I did the Velocity filter at the same time, but between the 2 of them and readjusting the juice box, she really came to life.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Is the filter area on top of the box considerably bigger than the snorkel and do you modify you own cover or it comes complete?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the filter area on top of the box considerably bigger than the snorkel and do you modify you own cover or it comes complete?

The stock snorkle intake is 1.5" X 4.5", and the new opening is 2.25" X 7.5".

Almost double the intake area. I got the whole lid, already cut and installed, but you can just get the kit and modify your own. I wanted to keep a stock lid in case I got somewhere I didnt have a way to clean the filter and still wanted to ride.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked at the prices for the other covers and the difference between using my lid and getting a spare one all set up wasnt much. Plus I have been known to do dumb things like trying to see how deep the water really is...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did a little water test last night by taking the airbox lid into the kitchen and turning it over and filling it with water. I could not believe the filter material did not let water pass thru. I did find 2 small leaks where the aluminum ring bolts to the lid, so I re-tightened the bolts and added a little shoe-goo ( great stuff by the way) to make a water-tight seal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used silicone between the plastic and aluminum on mine. I noticed also it was not sealed where the aluminum bends.

I did a little water test last night by taking the airbox lid into the kitchen and turning it over and filling it with water. I could not believe the filter material did not let water pass thru. I did find 2 small leaks where the aluminum ring bolts to the lid, so I re-tightened the bolts and added a little shoe-goo ( great stuff by the way) to make a water-tight seal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts