Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Most "sport" quads are not really subjected to the conditions to drown them so there is not much interest or market for snorkels. If they do make snorkel kits for any of them it would be no different than a 4x4 snorkel, Either some pcv or flex tubing.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Darn, those are ugly. I did see a kit that runs through the headlight.

Why dont people just do PVC themselves?

I am going to sit down and take a look at what is needed. I am thinking marine grade flexible hose (LARGE) and a pciii to compensate for less pressure.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Why do you need one? If you are in water deep enough to get in the airbox it will go in the exhaust also.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
I had a buddy try to make something with flexible hoses and stuff coming out the top if his airbox on his 400ex...he actually made the water situation worse.

Club | 700 | xx

·
Registered
364 Posts
It comes with the territory I ride.. lots of deep water. I am sick of going around... And yes,. the exhaust will need an upward extension.

Dam this is getting ugly.. wonder how I can still make it look bad @ss and stealth with the exhaust.

For the airbox my first thought was many small air inlets leading to something larger under the seat. Like 5 marine grade hoses that can fit under the tank, then go into a large fitting. Will be a major restriction.

I was also thinking marine grade exhaust hose for the airbox and running along side the exhaust, then coming up to the headlight. This could withstand the heat.
I could also leave some slack and mount to the handle bars when I anticipate the really deep stuff.

Second the exhaust will get nasty I am sure.... ugly.

It will be cool overall... the ultimate sport quad that can go ANYWHERE... who needs 4x4, this thing can power out of anything, especially with a good set of mud tires.

Dare to be different!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Well... Goodluck, Post some pics of your progress

21 - 30 of 30 Posts