Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have a tough time getting the filter out the first time? I took mine out last night to clean and mod the cage and holy $h!t it was tight. Looks like no one greased it when it was put together for the first time.

·
Registered
528 Posts
yep, i recently pulled mine to clean it and it was a pain to get loose, this was after finding out that honda overtightened the phillips head screw holding the bracket in so i have to deal with that now.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yup, had a tough time with the screw myself. Replaced with a hex head, now it is easy.:hey:

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Same here

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah, that screw took me forever to get out. Hex head is the way to go.

·
Registered
537 Posts
There's a thread locker on that screw. I had a tough time breaking it loose. I think every single bolt, nut, and screw on my xx has that crap on it. All of them except for the bolt that held the fuel shutoff valve on that is...

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
i havent seviced mine yet for the first time , but its about that time to. that sucks,thats what i got to lookforward to in a few days!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mine was WAY tight too, but a vice grip took it right out no problem.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Went true 2 Mastercraft screwdrivers trying to take that Phillips screw out. Good thing Canadian Tire has a great warranty.

Regards, Joe.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Same problem, and I didn't have a small enough set of vice grips, so I drilled it out like I was tappin it, and now am using a hex head.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, glad to know it wasn't just me! A minor issue but still a pain in the ass.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts