Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going riding tomorrow right? And I don't know about you, but I seem to procrastinate a little bit I suppose so today, I decided to clean my K&N Air filter. I wont mention how I cleaned it but it worked. It also DESTROYED my K&N. So being the day before I'm supposed to leave, i hauled butt up to Cycle Gear hoping that they had something there. They did...

I looked at the 450r filter but i'm glad I didn't buy it because it wouldn't have fit. But I did happen to pick up the UNI filter for the 86-89 250R (Part # NU-4102ST) and it looked to be the same size as my K&N... here's how close it really was...

I had to use a little bit of oil to get the filter on, but once there was some lubrication it fit like a glove! I drove it down the street and seems to run pretty good. I'll see this weekend for it vs. the k&n.

Pardon the sand. That area never gets washed.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks like the little pink thing that comes out of my dog.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
It's really not as stretched out as it looks in the pics. It fit just like my K&N fit on there. I do like it better though, just from a maintenance standpoint. I had a K&N in my diesel and I changed it as well. I think i'm done with K&N.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's really not as stretched out as it looks in the pics. It fit just like my K&N fit on there. I do like it better though, just from a maintenance standpoint. I had a K&N in my diesel and I changed it as well. I think i'm done with K&N.

I have never liked K&N myself....but a lot of people swear by them! I have always used UNI or Moose...pretty much the same filter really!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.