1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how to explain this?

- take of the air box lid
- cut out the center part out of it. make as openly rectangular as possible
- place pre filter sheet over now open air box. make sure it is 2 inches longer on all sides
- put cut lid back on and snap the clamps.
- voila!

will it work????

will the cover sit back on and seal propery without cutting up the filter sheet???

im sure this has been thought of before, how did it work out? or not!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Sounds exactly like the ehs lid. But you forgot to say put something in the inlet o force air through the filter

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies. much appreciated. would have bought your lid had i not spent all i could on suspension, tires and wheels. maybe in a few months. for now just looking for a cheap solution.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
imo if you just put the material over the box and tape/rubber band it it would be better than using the lid to secure it. you need to keep the material pretty tight otherwise water will pool on it and with the lid on there and the filter underneath its going to work like a collector almost if you got it really flat its better.

if you want one of my kits i can sell you one for $65 it will just have a blem billet block off (i still have about 5 block offs that my guys have busted taps in) if you want it without hardware (nuts bolts etc) i can knock another $8 off i dont mind helping people on a budget if your interested. the material alone for the project you are wanting to do will cost you $25 so your not to far off from doing it a much better way

·
Registered
192 Posts
I bought my XX used and the previous owner modified the air box lid himself. I've been looking into getting a new stock lid and doing what EHS does with them, instead of eliminating the whole raised area. Or just putting a refilter over the intake opening.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I just put the pre-filter screen over the raised spout and zip tied it to mine. Seems like the best setup to me. I also changed my stock filter to the UNI filter setup.

·
Registered
538 Posts
imo if you just put the material over the box and tape/rubber band it it would be better than using the lid to secure it. you need to keep the material pretty tight otherwise water will pool on it and with the lid on there and the filter underneath its going to work like a collector almost if you got it really flat its better.

if you want one of my kits i can sell you one for $65 it will just have a blem billet block off (i still have about 5 block offs that my guys have busted taps in) if you want it without hardware (nuts bolts etc) i can knock another $8 off i dont mind helping people on a budget if your interested. the material alone for the project you are wanting to do will cost you $25 so your not to far off from doing it a much better way

Outstanding cutomer service IMO, if i didnt have a lid already i would buy one from this guy. Thanks for looking out for the little man.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.