Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Still running stock, I figure I'll swap the filter when I get my pipe and controller. I always liked K&N, but I think I'm gonna run a Uni or Twin Air this time. All the research I have done has shown foam filters to be better for dusty conditions.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
59 Posts
Still running stock and do not plan on changing it. K&N is nice for air flow but dirt also goes thru the filter right into the engine. Then its time to redo the valves. Sorry but stock is best.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well its just that I am a Real technician and have seen the results of a K&N filter. Just prefer the foam/oil. Check your oil next time you ride in the dust just after changing it. It will have allot of dirt from the air your bike is breathing. Try it some time thats all. The only reason oil gets dirty is because of the air intake.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Like I said, if you ride a lot in dusty conditions, foam is the way to go. Uni has a filter available now, the part number is #NU-4143ST. Since I have yet to clean my stock one, I dont know if you'll need a filter for the breather as well if you swap out the stocker, but I would think so.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Foam filters with oil are proven to work better in dusty conditions... Take a look at your riding conditions, style/type of riding you do and choose what best works for your conditions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts