Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
They should all be in the 5psi neighborhood.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have stock all around and keep my rears at 6 psi and my fronts at 5.5 psi. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
actually, you should run the rears at least at 7... they are more prone to leak around the bead at low pressure, or our normal 4 or 5 in the rear.. it's just the way the wheel is...

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Maxxis recommends them to be ran at what the manufacturer suggest. It's a relative starting point. You can go up or down for different needs.

·
Registered
671 Posts
On my 450R with Maxxis tires I run 8 psi in the front and 7 psi in the rear when I race, the rears are 9" wheels. Have not ran the Maxxis tires yet on my 700XX, but my plan is to run 8 psi all around. May go even more in the back, figure less sidewall due to the 11" wheel, weaker rims compared to what I run on the 450R, and more weight. Going to have to do some testing to see what works.

Doug

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I ran around 7 in the rears while using studs, with out studs I run around 8. Just make sure they are perfectly even in the back end, especially if you want to do some wheelies :). Also, I run in the rocky east, but the guys in the desert may run something different (even though they prolly run sand tires and not razors).

·
Registered
287 Posts
I wt 170 and race with them at 7.5 all the way around! Matlock said they have ruined brand new sets of tires running them at 5 like on the 450's!! 7 the least I have run them!
11" rim doesn't have that much of a side wall like a 9" rim so it doesn't have as much room to flex before hitting the rim.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Is that just with the razors? I have the Kenda Bear Claws 24/10/11 Rear and 23/7/10 Fronts which are a 6 ply tire. What should I be running in those? Currently I am at 4psi front and rear. Is this right or am I way off?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
You should be ok Crash, The guys that run desert will need more air pressure than some others. Not everyone will need the same amount.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I am running 5.5 in my rears ITP Holeshot XTC. With 10 inch beadlocks

·
Registered
667 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
haha! we heard you!!

·
Registered
667 Posts
don't know how that happened! Stupid Crackberry! I wish Apple would sell to Verizon

1 - 20 of 24 Posts