Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
421 Posts
Thanks for the quick input! First I will change front sprocket only (13T) and put some more hours on it. I had to buy a ramp this week so getting in and out of my F150 would be much safer. I would like to see Dunlop size a wider lower profile tire for the rear of the 700 as a replacement.

Love the site, very informative.
Smart way to start! Especially if you don't want to drop much money to start. I'd go with the Uni filter next. Another good mod for no more than $30. Some Rzrs would make a great addition as well, but as soon as you go EFI controller and Exhaust you'll really open her up.

· Registered
421 Posts
Is there that big of a difference between the uni filter and the stock one? Is K&N the way to go?

On ebay they sell the uni filter anwhere betweem 20 and 30 bucks. If I could get the same performance out of the $30 set-up, that would be my first choice.

The k&N set up is 130 compared to 30 for the uni filter. Can someone explain the main difference between the two?
Thanks
Paper filters such as the K&N or Velocity have better air flow and therefore better performance. The problem with them is that they do not filter as well, which in time is going to hurt the longevity of your engine. The best thing to do is clean them after every ride and use an outerwear. If you ride in very dusty areas I wouldn't recommend a paper filter.

The Uni filter I believe is less restrictive compared to stock, but still gives you the filtration of a foam filter.

I like the Uni just because it is going to be better in the long run for my engine and I also ride in very dusty areas. To me the better filtration is worth more than the performance gain, but it all has to do with where you ride and what you prefer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.