Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alba

It's great that you guys are behind the 700XX your engine kit and exhaust with oxy bung prove you not only produce quality parts but also think about what the average customer wants.

The only big thing I can see not available for the 700XX is a good set of a-arms made for the stock length shocks. The stock shocks are not all that great but are quite long for a stockie.......there are many options available for replacement. A-arms on the other hand are hard to come by. You can get Roll Design (+2.5") or Houser (+0.75") but you must use LT shocks and they are very expensive. The whole kit doesn't give you much change from $2000.

What we need is a good alternative that falls below these two very high end options.......something like amstar a-arms would be perfect.

If you guys could produce a +1.5" front a-arm kit for the stock length shocks I beleive you would be on a winner. Your a-arm kits are resonably priced and the ability to upgrade shocks at a later date makes this "kit" a very appealing option.

I have chosen +1.5" and it's not just a number I have pulled out of my ass. It's a number that covers many different options that are available for the rear.....rear spacers, ITP 10" wheels or HYPER 10" rear wheels all give you added rear width at a resonable price but if there is no front option to go with it then its just a waste of time.

Thanks for your time I hope to hear from you soon.

Linc

·
Banned
711 Posts
i to find this to be a great option.. as every one knows i want longer arms bad, but the shock options are way to expenstive. and when you can use ltr or predator shocks on the front instead of what we have, longer arms with stock shock length is a real winner

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bad News

Ive been in the San Diego area all week and called ALBA today to see if Matt was in, so I could stop in for a chat. The Girl that answered the phone said Matt is gone and they closed there Performance Shop. I am very disappointed and don't know what to think about that right now but thought everyone should know.:confused:

·
Banned
711 Posts
i talked to a special friend of mine... cant say who ( not sure if he would be ok with it ) and his wife told me alba has been sold and they will no longer be doing any special work such as the stage 3 700xx kits or any of that kind of work any more, they will also not be selling quads any more

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats a bit sucky.

I hope the Alba guys pop up somewhere else...............or even in there own new business

·
Banned
711 Posts
well the thread has already been hijacked, and iam sorry to every one and if my "special" friend is upset iam sorry for that as well.... but a question does arise... where will team matlock be getting its engin work done at now ?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alba

It's great that you guys are behind the 700XX your engine kit and exhaust with oxy bung prove you not only produce quality parts but also think about what the average customer wants.

The only big thing I can see not available for the 700XX is a good set of a-arms made for the stock length shocks. The stock shocks are not all that great but are quite long for a stockie.......there are many options available for replacement. A-arms on the other hand are hard to come by. You can get Roll Design (+2.5") or Houser (+0.75") but you must use LT shocks and they are very expensive. The whole kit doesn't give you much change from $2000.

What we need is a good alternative that falls below these two very high end options.......something like amstar a-arms would be perfect.

If you guys could produce a +1.5" front a-arm kit for the stock length shocks I beleive you would be on a winner. Your a-arm kits are resonably priced and the ability to upgrade shocks at a later date makes this "kit" a very appealing option.

I have chosen +1.5" and it's not just a number I have pulled out of my ass. It's a number that covers many different options that are available for the rear.....rear spacers, ITP 10" wheels or HYPER 10" rear wheels all give you added rear width at a resonable price but if there is no front option to go with it then its just a waste of time.

Thanks for your time I hope to hear from you soon.

Linc
OK; so Alba are out of the picture. I still think it's a good idea.

hmmmmm.......who do we know that could make a-arms?

Linc

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
OK; so Alba are out of the picture. I still think it's a good idea.

hmmmmm.......who do we know that could make a-arms?

Linc
I've got some jb weld and duct tape....

·
Registered
95 Posts
My motor work will be done by the same guy that has always done it. His name is Rich Morel he has been my motor builder since 2003. Rich along with Matt are the guys that come up with all of the Alba motor kit's, and if any of you have sent in your motors to get done at Alba Rich is the one that does all the high performance motors.
Rich Morel is still building race motors for any body who is in need of more HP in a reliable package. No body knows more about this motor than him, Honda calls him to pick his brain on the motors because we have learned so much in the last year and a half.
If anybody wants to get a hold of him send me a PM and I will get you his #.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rich Morel is an excellent engine builder. He is very meticulious, highly skilled, and takes great pride in his work. If anyone needs any engine work done, or wants somebody to install one of my engine kits, he is your man.

Matt Fasig

·
Registered
101 Posts
I talked to Nate at ALBA in the performance department a few days ago. He told me ALBA is closing the Dealership and keeping there performance department open. They are looking for a new location for the shop and will continue to develop engine performance kits, exhaust systems, ETC... I hope Matt will still be part of ALBA since he was a big help to me. The ALBA kit was the best thing I did to my 700XX and highly recommend it to everyone that wants a lot of power.
:yay:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts