Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Matt,

I was just wondering how the R&D is coming on the full exhaust setup. Any ETA yet??? My money has burned thru my pocket and into my leg :lmao:

I know, I know... I DON'T want a rushed product. I want the goods. But I am also SUPER bad at holding moolah :disgust:

Thanks for any info available!
Tommy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Exhaust Update

Hello Tomkat & Everybody,

I would like to take a moment to update all who are interested in our exhaust system. We have performed several in-house testing sessions with multiple different configurations. The results are better than I expected! We have concluded on a design which yields excellent bottom, mid and top end horsepower. In testing several different header lengths, diameters, step locations, and every other variable you can imagine, we ended up with what I feel is the best all around and most useable power band for this machine. Furthermore we tested it on both a stock machine as well as a mildly built and aggressively built machine. The gains were proportional and to my delight, the chosen design worked equally well on the stock to fully modified engine!

In all honesty, there was a little of a trade off in header lengths. We wound up in a situation where we were making a significant amount of bottom end and torque. The throttle response was excellent. The ride ability of the machine was off the charts. The power was smooth and consistent. However this excellent power came at a very small price. We did have to compromise a little on the top end power. The amount of gain in the bottom well out-weighed the loss on top. After riding several hours in testing, we found that we spent 90% of the time between 4000 & 6000 RPMs, and this is where the pipe performed at its best.

I have attached a dyno chart to this posting. Run #23 (Blue) is our Alba exhaust. We are comparing it to two reputable well-known exhaust manufacturers so show the benefit of our system. They are represented as Run #5 (Red) & Run #8 (Green). It is important to note that these two pipes were chosen from their high popularity and reputation on this machine. I would also like to note that we did thoroughly tune each pipe to ensure a consistent and fair comparison. I have left their manufacturer's names out of the article because I am not here say anything other than we are not satisfied until we are the best! Pipe #5 did create more top-end power, but the increase in the bottom made our pipe more enjoyable to ride, as well as faster "out-of-the-hole" and drag times. We also are creating more overall torque, which in my opinion is almost more important than horsepower!

The development phase is done! However, a prototype exhaust, while flowing the same as a production pipe, looks like about 45 pieces welded together to make 1 header (ugly and not structurally sound!). For this purpose we can not use a prototype exhaust for durability and reliability testing. I am having a couple made as they will be when we manufacture them. I will then be installing one on Caster's 700XX (can't use Matlock due to his contract with HMF). What better person to test the durability of an exhaust than a professional racer. Caster could ride harder in his sleep than I probably could on my best day!!!

I will keep you all posted when I have more!

Note: We will be installing 02 sensor bungs in the headers at the specified location to accommodate Dynojet's PC5 Auto Tune. This device is the best thing since sliced bread! I highly recommend this fuel module for anyone looking for the ultimate in "easy-setup". It worked better than I could have imagined. We are able to fully tune a machine in as little as a few runs on the dyno! We will be offering our exhaust, intake kit (choice of foam or K&N filter), PC5, and Auto Tune as a kit when we have everything ready to go. I have not determined the exact price of the kit, though there will be a good discount when purchased as a package! Anybody who orders a package and informs me of their membership to this forum will receive an additional discount (amount or % to be determined). This will be a limited time offer and more details will be disclosed when we are ready to start selling!

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this!

Matt Fasig

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Alba Exhaust Update!

Hello again,

I just realized that it would have been better if I had included a stock-engine run on the dyno chart I posted to my previous reply. I will submit one soon which shows a stock engine so you guys can see the difference over stock!

Matt Fasig

·
Registered
984 Posts
Save ... Hell I'm sellin one of the kids.:D I just installed the PCV last night and will pick up the auto-tune shortly to be ready for the big day.:yay::rock:

·
Registered
551 Posts
So U got a gain of 9.17hp for the complete exhaust?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Power gains!!!

Yes, the gains represented in the dyno chart are simply installing the exhaust and a fuel programmer. We even used a stock air filter. We did however remove the air box lid. The high-flow Velocity filter kit will add additional power. If I had to estimate, I would say the Velocity will add another .5, maybe 1 HP. The UNI foam filter will not create as much power as the Velocity/K&N style. Honestly, the UNI filter will probably generate about the same HP as the stock filter becasue they are obviously both foam. Though the UNI filter does come with a less rectrictive back-fire/structure metal screen, which may help a little regarding power. The power sacrifice of a foam vs. K&N style may be worth the security that a foam filter adds. If you are using the machine in an area with fine dust, then I would stick with Foam. K&N style filters are for people who ride in the front of the pack and for someone looking for maximum power.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Update

Hello Everybody,

I mentioned in my last post that we will be getting a couple production prototypes for testing to ensure they live through the abuse of off-road riding/racing (they will, I just have to do it to guarantee quality control!). If everything had gone as planned, I would have had them in my possession last week, however I was overtaken by a bad case of the flu and the R&D was unfortunately delayed. It sounds like a lame excuse, but it is the truth. Unfortunately, the band does not continue to play when the orchestrator is away. I have made a full recovery, and am back in the game. A personal apology goes out to the customer who is currently waiting for one! It is almost finished, should be done this week! I will ship it to you once I finish our testing. Obviously, if there is an issue, I will make you another which will incorporate any changes to the design. However the upcoming testing is simply a formality. I am sure the design is sound!

NOTE: (Production will take a few weeks, so we will be happy to hand-make some to satisfy orders if time is an issue!!!). I will get them tested ASAP and will be sure to let everyone know when we shift towards production.

Matt Fasig

·
Registered
984 Posts
Thanks Matt, glad your feeling better and don't worry I'm a patient man. No rush, just hurry up! Just kidding!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Any update on a release date? I'm going to sell my yosh slip on to try the full Alba system.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Put me on the list for one.
Getting ready for the Duning season :yay:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Any release info yet? I'll ditch my Yosh pipe for this one.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts