Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of alba nerf bars that are cracking at the foot peg mounts. Called alba theay stood behind the product and sent me a new set:thanks: but alba had no explaintion why the crackes happend :mad: i still feel alba is a very good company.......

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
same thing happened to me to they will just do it again im gonna upgrade:cry:

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have had my pro-armour front nudge bar welded twice, and thats within 200 miles ?
Corsari says he,s had his welded 8 times?
Seems to be something about the honda that makes aluminium stress fracture/crack?
Never heard of it on any other quad..

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I've had my factory Honda nerfs on for almost 2 yrs and no poblems with them at all. I've never even had to tighten the netting, or a single bolt. And the only adjustment needed was to raise the gear shfter up a notch. And on a side note I've had the L8ton bumper since they came out and never had a problem with it as well.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I welded each side of my Pro Armors. The tab to frame mounts. 73hrs
I had one of the tabs break on the Pro Armor pro peg nerfs and cut the other one off. Its not needed IMO. I now use Pro Armor Pro XC nerfs that use the stock pegs and prefer them to the pro pegs.
I rubber mounted the tabs to the frame and put a nylock nut on the back of the bolt,so there is a little play.The tabs are needed for the Pro XC nerfs.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My Pro Armors are cracking slightly at the pegs I was planning on welding them soon before it gets any worse. Does anyone know if they will replace them though?

·
Registered
481 Posts
My front pro-armour nudge bar is cracking yet again..(3rd time) yet it does nothing.
Had the bottom mount reinforced and seems ok for now but the top weld is cracking all the way round !!
I must say the quality of the welding looks pretty but the penetration is absolute cr*p as the bottom bracket had barely 0.5 mm weld penetration..
wouldnt be surprised if the nerf bars are similar ?

you can see the crack on the front nearly all the way around the weld..

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
The pro xc front bumper has been notorious for having bad welds. Pro armor hasn't been replacing them as far as I know. They just offer discount on more parts.

·
Registered
99 Posts
hmm i guess we're stuck with welding and more welding...

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
My Pro Armors are cracking slightly at the pegs I was planning on welding them soon before it gets any worse. Does anyone know if they will replace them though?
My pro armor bumper broke and they offered me a t shirt. that doesn't fix my bumper. I'll never use pro armor ever again. Their product is junk and so is their service. two of the guys I ride with have their nerfs and both have snapped mounts. My $90 Alba's are still going strong!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Very strange as over the many years i have never really come across any nerfs or nudge bars cracking just cos they sit on a quad ?
they have been rammed into trees, bent to hell, then bent back again, yet no cracking??
Must be because most are from the asian countrys where at least they weld properly and are very cheap !
Hey, even the mighty maxxis razr comes from taiwan.
And look what comes from korea, most of our flat screen tv,s and even most of the iphone !
Maybe pro-armour get their kit made in china nowadays which would explain their shoddy work ?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Very strange as over the many years i have never really come across any nerfs or nudge bars cracking just cos they sit on a quad ?
they have been rammed into trees, bent to hell, then bent back again, yet no cracking??
Must be because most are from the asian countrys where at least they weld properly and are very cheap !
Hey, even the mighty maxxis razr comes from taiwan.
And look what comes from korea, most of our flat screen tv,s and even most of the iphone !
Maybe pro-armour get their kit made in china nowadays which would explain their shoddy work ?

The gen 1 xc bumper will break the lower mount whilst idling, they upgated there mounts on all the bumpers. The first part to break on the nerfs is the tab that mounts near the front of the rear fender. If you own a set of Pro Peg nerfs don't worry about it.Then if you overtighten the front a arm mount , you will make that crack or if you pick the xx up with the nerf to flip it onto oneside ,you'll break the peg mount.

I stopped using my XC bumper because ,1 the lower mount failed and 2 the upper mounts bend to easy when picking the front end up of the xx and shuffling her around. Pro Armor built the Honda Racing ali parts and if they had kept to the same designs and build ,they would not have these problems.
You bitch about stuff being made in Korea,China and Taiwan. This I found really funny ! So you bought a Japanese quad. Maxxis is owned by Cheng Shin from Taiwan, Kenda also makes there tyres in Taiwan as do alot of other tyre companies including ITP which is part of the Carlisle tyre group.

Most members have common sense and if you want something to last then rubber mount it on the xx. Spend $2 in rubber and a little time and it will last (except gen 1 PA XC). Also other brands break aswell, PRM has rubber mounted there front bumper, the only one I know of to date.
I put rubbers where I can , nerfs,bumpers, skid plates and etc's. It also cuts down on tuning fork effect of vibration.

Also Rappey , welcome to learning to live with a 700xx.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
alba sent me another left side nerf bar at no cost to me,which i am greatful for,thats great customer service. i am going to remove the nerfs and remount them with some kind of rubber washers and bushings as soon as i find something that will work,i think cv4 racing has something like that they sell and they use those in nascar too , to mount certain stuff for vibration.:xx:

·
Registered
481 Posts
You bitch about stuff being made in Korea,China and Taiwan. This I found really funny ! .
?? think you should re-read as I think you have misunderstood what i was saying. I,m praising the stuff made in the asian countrys, with the exception of china..

how are you rubber mounting items? Are you just using rubber washers or are you also insulating the bolt with rubber bushings?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
how are you rubber mounting items? Are you just using rubber washers or are you also insulating the bolt with rubber bushings?
I just use rubber washers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts