Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thank you very much for helping me out, can't wait to see the results & let me know how to contact you for me to purchase the complete kit, I think we'll be doing business in the near future. I like when companies take care off there customer's, not much of that anymore!

I do have a simple question though, once the controller is set do you have to play around with it for different temperatures or altitudes? Can you just set it up & leave it be. I'm not talking to make the very best dyno chart I'm just talking about different riding conditions? In the end once it's on & works good do you have to do anything for different riding conditions?

Regards, Joey.
from what i understand, the autotune pcV is a wideband sensor plugged into the power commander, this allows you to put in a desired air fuel ratio and the pcv does the calculations for you, with this setup the pcv is always adjusting to temperature changes and will readjust everytime a mod is added.
i have been looking at the auto tune for my quad and streetbikes but atm im just sitting on the fence because i looked at EHS dyno charts and have been reading about the programmer and it seems just as easy.

the only thing i am looking at is tunability for future mods or climate changes as you have mentioned, would we have to download a new tune for each mod from ehs? the climate change is not usually a big enough problem to worry about. im sure EHS will answer this for us.

·
Registered
528 Posts
you didnt overcomplicate it for me, im pretty familiar with dyno tuning and such, if the updates are free then i would agree the ehs set-up is the best option for the original poster.i havent seen the autotune in action and i have the same concerns with it that you do, the desired air fuel setting in my opinion would be the same set up as a factory car, which we all know doesnt work as well as a true tune. but on the other hand each engine is different so to make those minute adjustments to each rpm range would require a dyno because every bike will want a different setting to be tuned perfect. i know exactly what the ehs tuner is capable of tuning wise and really am not skeptical of it after knowing the parameters are adjustable. but i am skeptical of the autotune because its new technology in the atv/bike tuning world and i really havent seen it in action yet. im leaning towards a ehs tuner with all of the ehs stuff(i really like the updated side holes on the airbox) myself honestly because its easy,customer service seems to be awesome and im not looking for every 10th of a horsepower, i just want it fairly tuned for my mods and not have to keep messing with the tune

·
Registered
528 Posts
the lcd screen would be nice but you would constantly have to be staring at it to be able to make adjustments using it,i wish either of the two had a realtime datalogger so you can tune on the run like i do cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts