Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ive don't have any experience with steering stabilizers and never thought about getting one until this weekend when I was getting the shit kicked outa me. I'm sure that one is better than nothing. It's probably worth $100? I haven't seen any complaints on alba XX products.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Think that some of the boys are using it but haven't heard much about it, most of us are using the CCP dampner which is easy to install and does it job. If you do a search towards "dampner" you'll find some posts about it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Think that some of the boys are using it but haven't heard much about it, most of us are using the CCP dampner which is easy to install and does it job. If you do a search towards "dampner" you'll find some posts about it.
What´s the price on CCP dampner?

Also thinking of buying one Alba dampner!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
ive been looking in to buying this one friends have had the same style and say they work good. i still dont know if i want one though i dont really have a problem with my bars geting yanked out of my hands.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I tried a stick style dampner when I first started riding, thought it was pretty much worthless. Didn't feel much if any benefit, just seemed to make the steering stiffer. If someone gave me one for free I wouldn't run it. There are very few things that I regret buying over the years for my quads, a stick dampner is one of them. Felt it was a waste of money.

I would save your money and buy a rotary style dampner. In my opinion, they are the way to go. Never tried a CCP, but I have heard good things about them. Personally, I will always run a Precision, they have worked great for me.

Doug

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Looks like you need to find somebody who runs this specific one, appears from the comment above that some don't work very well. I would say that Alba uses the same cylinder and different mounts for many different bikes, so you may be able to ask a different bike owner about it.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I had a PEP on the 450r and loved it !
Using a Elka/Fastway 3 on the 700xx and I am going to buy the Alba , as I dont like the Elka. Everything is set to the max and its not good enough.
I could always change the oil to SAE 90. :lmao:

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
What´s the price on CCP dampner?

Also thinking of buying one Alba dampner!
The CCP steering stabilizer is on eBay from the maker (the guy from Detroit Lakes, MN)... not the guy from CT... that's the reseller. This other guy sells the same part for $25.00 more plus charges for shipping.

eBay link below... ($185.00 buy it now basis with free shipping)(you can probably get it for less by bidding)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/hond...ors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a41910c2

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I will always run a Precision, they have worked great for me.
i would hope so for the $500 price tag.lol i just cant justify spending that much for one not being a racer.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Looks like you need to find somebody who runs this specific one, appears from the comment above that some don't work very well. I would say that Alba uses the same cylinder and different mounts for many different bikes, so you may be able to ask a different bike owner about it.
I know when I bought mine, there was only a few companies that made them. They would then sell them to other companies and that company would place their sticker on it and sell it as their own. Not sure if that has changed at all.

i would hope so for the $500 price tag.
You get what you pay for is all I can say. I have three quads, all of them have a Precision. Bought the first one in 2005 for my race 450R. I have changed the oil in it once about three years ago and that is it. It is due for a oil change, but I don't think two oil changes in over five years is bad. I bought my other two in 2006 and 2007, neither have been touched and both still perform great. Getting one for my 700XX also. Sure they are expensive, but they are built to last.

Doug

·
Registered
755 Posts
I know when I bought mine, there was only a few companies that made them. They would then sell them to other companies and that company would place their sticker on it and sell it as their own. Not sure if that has changed at all.

You get what you pay for is all I can say. I have three quads, all of them have a Precision. Bought the first one in 2005 for my race 450R. I have changed the oil in it once about three years ago and that is it. It is due for a oil change, but I don't think two oil changes in over five years is bad. I bought my other two in 2006 and 2007, neither have been touched and both still perform great. Getting one for my 700XX also. Sure they are expensive, but they are built to last.

Doug
How do you do an oil change on them? I think my CCP is in need of one.

·
Registered
671 Posts
How do you do an oil change on them? I think my CCP is in need of one.
I boxed it up and shipped it to Precision, didn't want to deal with it. Plus I wanted it inspected for worn parts, they would know what needs to be replaced better then me. Never tried to replace the oil myself, so no idea on how to do it. Sorry, not much help on this.

Doug

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
well i ordered one gonna give it a try.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Which one did you order?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was looking at the Alba one as well... I dont want it blowing out after 3 or 4 rides

1 - 20 of 30 Posts