Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks cool... little expensive, but I am sure it is worth it...

Anyone use it?
Good?
Bad?
Ugly?
Thanks for any input, I will do the Fox's first but like to think ahead (maybe I will do it last part of winter...)

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
there are a few guys on here with it. and yea there some bad a** quads 50+hp. the bad is its pumped up now so theirs a higher risk of part failure sooner. and you HAVE to run race fuel with high compression. u can still get a stage 3 kit and get a lower compression piston but will not see as high of hp #'s hope that helps

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would just buy some octane booster....
and would go with the "endurance/ desert" stage 3.... not sure if there is a difference, but I like the word endurance...

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
i would just buy some octane booster....
and would go with the "endurance/ desert" stage 3.... not sure if there is a difference, but I like the word endurance...
Negative, Do not use octane booster. If you read the bottle it only raises it tenths of a percent. So if you have 93 octane and add a bottle or two you still have less than 94. There is no substitute for high quality blend race fuels.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
really? I thought that it raised it up tothe number on the bottle... so a 110 bottle goes to 110 octane...

·
Registered
667 Posts
lol, first don't jump out and buy a off the shelf kit. Stay tuned to see what EHS has to offer soon, should blow the Alba out of the water. Second, octane prevents pre-detination, you may not need anything more than pump gas, you can also blend race fuel with pump gas to get the correct mix. Too much octane can hinder performance. The set up you are running should be dyno tested, this will let you know what is nessissary to operate correctly

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I'm not here to back Alba's products as I have my own but there parts or not "off the shelf", Your a bit excited over EHS's product that hasn't even seen the dyno. I understand they are sponsoring you but it's not right to lead others on when the product isn't even fully developed. I've seen Alba's win races and I know personally what mine have done, Neither or generic parts. I'm not doubting EHS capability's but if I were a consumer I would be turned off by all the claims you make and putting down others vendors without anything to back the product or your claims of doing 60+hp, 100+mph and so on.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I'm not here to back Alba's products as I have my own but there parts or not "off the shelf", Your a bit excited over EHS's product that hasn't even seen the dyno. I understand they are sponsoring you but it's not right to lead others on when the product isn't even fully developed. I've seen Alba's win races and I know personally what mine have done, Neither or generic parts. I'm not doubting EHS capability's but if I were a consumer I would be turned off by all the claims you make and putting down others vendors without anything to back the product or your claims of doing 60+hp, 100+mph and so on.
damn... finally you say something sensible... jk

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I know I've been ranting a bit lately but I do feel strongly on this issue. I know myself and Alba has put allot into making these parts and have each done grenaded motors in the process, From all this I don't expect to put on a podium or congratulated but respect for the effort is appreciated.

Merry Christmas Club700XX !!!!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
lol, first don't jump out and buy a off the shelf kit. Stay tuned to see what EHS has to offer soon, should blow the Alba out of the water. Second, octane prevents pre-detination, you may not need anything more than pump gas, you can also blend race fuel with pump gas to get the correct mix. Too much octane can hinder performance. The set up you are running should be dyno tested, this will let you know what is nessissary to operate correctly
First off, yes Alba does keep there parts on a shelf. We put a lot of time and money into testing these parts. We have tested these parts on the dyno and have tested them in the desert. Then we run them harder than anybody else all the way to the top of the podium. So yes I am proud to say these parts are on the shelf.
That bing said I wish you luck with your motor kits. I truly believe that competition breads excellences, and that the more competition there is the better off the consumer is. You don't have to down talk other motor builders to sell your motor kits, you just need to build better motors. And that should speak for it's self. Good luck at parker, and I will be down in Baja for the 250 let me know if you need anything.

Im gonna jump in here and apologize for nutz, i know he is excited that we are helping him. I defiently do not condone jumping in someones thread and knocking someone elses work.
Thank's
He will probably chill out a little after parker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts