Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if anybody has used a Moose Racing or PBI Ali rear sprocket and how did it do ?
Also would you go for Ali one again or buy a steel one ?
Thanks.:D

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pbi has Much better life then the Renthal aluminum ones but for us they dont handle the power and only last about a weekend

If they last a weekend with the kinda power you are running then they should work fine for me.
Cheers Dan.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A PBI 39t ali sprocket cost about £40 including shipping, getting a steel 39t sprocket made will be about £150+. So if a use a couple during the year it would still work out cheaper. Changing the rear sprocket only takes 5 mins including beer.:D

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Changing the rear sprocket only takes 5 mins including beer.:D
in that case i will need some lessons from you soon my sprockets and chain is about wore out, they lasted2 years the stockers not bad i dont know how many miles is on them but its about 300hrs on my hour meter :xx:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
very appreciated :thanks:

·
Registered
481 Posts
chain and sprockets should be changed together as just changing the chain or sprocket will lead to premature wear.
I once used an ally rear sprocket and it wore pretty fast..
so then do you replace it with a steel one which will then have a partly worn chain on it, or replace the whole lot again?
Personally i would never use an aluminium sprocket again.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
chain and sprockets should be changed together as just changing the chain or sprocket will lead to premature wear.
I once used an ally rear sprocket and it wore pretty fast..
so then do you replace it with a steel one which will then have a partly worn chain on it, or replace the whole lot again?
Personally i would never use an aluminium sprocket again.
I can buy 4 or 5 ali ones compared to getting a steel one made and with the xx not having a swingarm it does stretch the chain as much as the same chain on the 450r.I have checked from leftover chains from the 700 and 450. So not to worried about putting a new sprocket on a used chain. I changed sprockets all the time and they only have to last 1 season.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Baxter- I have avoided changing the rear sprocket on my xx because it looks like it would be a pain in the rear. It looks like you would have to take the A-arms loose to get it off. Am I missing something? How about posting some pics. of how to change it out? Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Baxter- I have avoided changing the rear sprocket on my xx because it looks like it would be a pain in the rear. It looks like you would have to take the A-arms loose to get it off. Am I missing something? How about posting some pics. of how to change it out? Thanks
I'll sort some pics out tonite after work.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts