Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you did your 13t front sprocket, what number on the adjuster did you end up on? I'm just wondering if mine is set right. I tried to measure the slack, but you can't really get to it where it is. BTW mine is sitting at 21 clicks on the adjuster.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It just worries me sometimes that it may be too loose. I would hate for it to jump off and take out part of the case. Thanks man.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Change it back to a 14 !!!! I tryed the 13 but it makes the low gears to short,,, just learn to use your clutch better,,, my bike takes off in 4th from a sliding turn easy as

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I have'nt rode one with the 13 but I was thinking the same. I could see using the 13 without the big 3 but not with it.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Change it back to a 14 !!!! I tryed the 13 but it makes the low gears to short,,, just learn to use your clutch better,,, my bike takes off in 4th from a sliding turn easy as
I couldn't agree more. The fact that this machine can slap in the face with the gas tank in 3rd gear means theres plenty in 1st and 2nd. I'd leave the sprocket alone and learn the quad more before changing it. 1st gear is almost useless already, I personally am leaving the stock sprocket on especially since I want to keep that sick top end!:hey:

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Yeah, if you're interested in top end keep it for sure. If you're interested in technical trails regardless of what you've done to the motor, you'll want to go to a 13. By technical trails I mean washout climbs with boulders or stumps like they have on the Hatfield McCoy and trails in Windrock.

After the third or fourth climb you'll wish you had geared down (this isn't me, but I've been there):

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
108 Posts
all my trails are snowcovered.. so 14t hauls ass now.. but once summer gets here im gonna need my 13t to turn the mudders im gonna have to put on this thing lol. put my 13t on the other day and now it pulls up in 4th. :D

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The trails I ride I NEED the extra low end torque and ability to modulate the power better. Some of them are very technical, rocky and STEEP hills. Most you don't have enough room to even get a good start before you're hitting a spot. Excess wheel spin with the 14t was a very, very bad thing when I nearly lost all my momentum going up a stupidly steep double black diamond trail. I was lucky I had just enough bite to crawl forward because I sure did not want to stop on that hill. I'd be buying new body plastic at the least. For my type of riding the 13t for me is PRICELESS!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You don't have to tell me brother! I'm sure the guys trying to get up the hill behind me wished it didn't happen either. It probably didn't feel too good getting plastered with god knows what I was digging up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just curious. I hear you talk about the big 3. What is that?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Exhaust, Intake and Programmer = Big 3

·
Registered
59 Posts
thanks. I guess I am not in tune with the bunch :eek:hno:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm currently running the big 3 with the 13t sprocket...I'm not at all concerned about top end. I really like having all the low in torque...I put my 20' rims and tires on the bike the other day while I waited on my maxxis razrs for the stock rims. I wouldn't advise anyone to go to a 13t on the sprocket running any tires smaller than an 11'. For those running the 22's not worried about top end, I too would recommend the sprocket swap. I do a lot of hill climbing here in KY and get alot of use out of the 13t set up.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I know this has been out for awhile but where did you purchase the 13t. could have used it last weekend climbing steep rocking hills, made it up since I'm used to feathering the clutch but could have been easier with a 13t.

Thanks

·
Registered
984 Posts
I got mine from my local repair/parts shop for $15 bucks, its the same one on the TRX450 (stock). I'm actually considering going a little lower as well, maybe up a couple of teeth on the rear. I did some riding in the mountains in Vermont over the holiday weekend and the steep and rocky conditions required being able to crawl.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts