Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to make the battery connection with the quick connect ring terminal for a Battery Tender. But, I seem to have found a connector already attached to the battery from the factory.

Does our quad come already set up for a battery tender?

roadkill

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
roadkill,
Where did you find the connector? Does it have the same connectorization as the Battery Tender? I looked at mine but only saw the connector that I installed. Did you buy your machine new or could the previous owner have installed it?
Sid

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Yea there was nothing on mine before I installed my own.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought my 700xx brand new. The connector I found on mine is identical to the Battery Tender except with longer leads. Down to having the same fuse holder and fuse on the positive lead. Also has the same quick connect connector and cap set up. The ONLY difference is the longer leads... long enough so I can hang them out behind the plastics on either side so I wouldn't have to take my seat off to connect to the Battery Tender. Will try to post a pic of the connector later today.

roadkill

·
Registered
755 Posts
Your dealer probably installed it but forgot to tell you. My dealer told me they put it on and its routed to the outside just above the left rear tire.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your dealer probably installed it but forgot to tell you. My dealer told me they put it on and its routed to the outside just above the left rear tire.
Exactly correct. Just talked to the dealer and it is something they do so that they can keep floor models charged up. This particular dealer is actually pretty good as far as dealers go. Mystery solved.

roadkill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts