Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
i was looking more at my quad to check damage and make a parts list to order from alba. Well when i took my front bumper off the mounting brackets are all bent the right one ( if you where in front of the quad looking at it ) is almost smashed.

wtf do i do ?

i dont think i can buy a new bracket, could i just make one and re weld
it ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
any pics dude? put them up and im pretty sure we can figure somthing out there r good people in the club. take it easy!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Like Scuzz said... looks like a hammer will fix the bottom one and maybe a hammer/vice grip combo with a little creativity on the top one. The worse thing that could happen is to break that top one off, then you would have to make a bracket and weld it on.

Good luck!

·
Registered
984 Posts
if you have torches you could heat them up then reshape them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Like Scuzz said... looks like a hammer will fix the bottom one and maybe a hammer/vice grip combo with a little creativity on the top one. The worse thing that could happen is to break that top one off, then you would have to make a bracket and weld it on.

Good luck!
Also, when you're trying to bend that top bracket back in shape, try heating it with a torch....get it real hot (careful not to get too close to anything that will go boom). Heated metal bends a lot easier then cold metal

·
Registered
551 Posts

I would use patience and a hammer to move it back to where it belongs.
:stupid:Defintly a hammer, u cant work on anything with out a hammer. Big ones, small ones, basically every size u can find! I think i have more hammers than any other tool in my box.:lmao:

·
Registered
243 Posts
i could just about cry .... and what would you use to paint it back ? flat black krylon ?
Make a trip to Peach St. in Erie and stop at Lowes or the Depot and do some reading or better yet ask some questions. Those guys should steer you in the right direction. We painted the frame of my friends 400EX and it looks great and has held up.

Sand it. Clean it. Prime it. Paint it. (spray paint cans usually have the color they are on the outside of the can). Make sure the primer and paint will work together (this is where the helpful Lowes/Depot employees come in handy).

·
Registered
38 Posts
You are gonna need some heat, to stop the metal from cracking when you bend it back. That upper mount is pretty twisted. If you try to "cold work" that, its gonna crack. Is that the worst damage to the quad ?
keep heal'n

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Sand it. Clean it. Prime it. Paint it. (spray paint cans usually have the color they are on the outside of the can). Make sure the primer and paint will work together (this is where the helpful Lowes/Depot employees come in handy).
When they don't you get some wrinkly shriveled paint. Clean it very well, those spot are where you really don't want rust.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i belive iam going to have my dad help me bend the one, as long as the bumper mounts and is "level" and "squair" no problem right

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yep not a big deal, not like it holds the frame together anyways, just bumper mounts.

·
Registered
131 Posts
sorry no pics sorry but unless you really look you cant tell and it only took maybe ten min. or so bumper on the other hand is cracked in 4 spots but i put a new dg on. that one fell apart and i ened up putting the stock one back on

1 - 20 of 20 Posts