Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well! the day started good but as soon as we (Dagirl-thevinstigator and Doug) started to ride, we noticed that it was pretty dusty but I was behind Dagirl and was keeping up with her until I miss a turn and landed in a 5' deep rocky V shape ditch with the bike on top of me. When I saw what was happening I said Oh Shit but relax the body and stayed with the bike until the left front wheel hit the ground and flip both the bike and I. What really save me was new armor which is this one "Nemeses Racing Body Armor Large Black" from RM. If I did not have it on; morelikely I would of had some broken bones especially my back since it was laying in rocks/boulders and the bike was on top of me.
Funny thing is prior of taken off, they were giving me a hard time due to the look of the armor but I told them that I wanted to test it and it pass, lol!! Body is sore on the left side but no broken bones but we'll see tomorrow morning how sore I am, as for the bike; the left tie rod has a nice bent so I'll need to replace it with its ends, my PRM bumper is crack but due to been tow up the ravine and both my hand guards were basically torn off since their threads are no longer good. So over all the bike is ok for what happen.

Hopefully thevinstigator took some pictures since its GoPro was on but the dust was pretty thick.

Thank you Armor and dear old Lord :D

·
Registered
667 Posts
Glad u are ok!

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
It is a scary thing when your waiting for your riding buddy and they never come around the corner! I am glad you are ok Joe I am sure Vinnie well have some comments since he watched it happen...but you rode all day without a complaint might I add...I hope your not to sore tomorrow. And I thank god for your new ninja turtle suit :) you got your monies worth today for sure.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
38 Posts
that sucks, i know how you feel. i was testing a 300ex for a buddy yesterday, he said it would cut out when up hit jumps or get on it hard. so i was cutting up a bit and i hit a rut, and it threw me off and i got knocked out, and bruised a few ribs and bruised my wrist and hands, i was very lucky i had a helmit on, i landed face first...i guess. i just looked up with blurred vision and seeing stars and was was wtf just happened. but the bike is fine

·
Registered
160 Posts
Glad your ok a Helmet and gear is not for if you crash but when if you ride gravity does work just ride safe and ride smart, we seen a lot of dummies riding in shorts tanktops, flipflops and no helmets this weekend even their kids had no gear whatsoever I guess some people just aren't to bright huh:nuts::nuts:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Glad to see that you were able to come out with no broken bones. Sucks about the xx but, it could have been much, much worse.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All of the years that I've been riding; think this is one of the worst one I've been in but again, was lucky that it wasn't worst. Can feel the left ribs swollen up so I guess they are bruise but this old body will recoup, lol!!

The XX got the best of it; it landed on me, lmao!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok. Has anyone thought of a deadmanswitch? When those unexpected but allways just around the corner wrecks happen and if so please tell me what you think of them. I have had a couple of spills where i got lucky and my bike went into the bank instead of running off the cliff before it died

·
Registered
109 Posts
And I thank god for your new ninja turtle suit :) you got your monies worth today for sure.

lmao

Nash, im glad your ok. Sounds like you and i both had a uh-oh this weekend. If i had been wearing a ninja turtle suit im sure i wouldn't be nearly as sore as i am now. My helmet has some nice battle scars where i was eventually able to get in front of the 700 and stop it from rolling about 10 more times.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Glad you are ok. I hate the feeling you ge when you realize you've lost it and there's no turning back. I went up a powerline hill one time on my Honda 125 ATV (about 20+years ago), was going down a steep incline really fast and decided to immediately climb up this nearly vertical road. I made it about half way before I lost power and downshifted, not a great feeling when you have the quad rolling back over the top of you and there's quite a distance to the bottom of the hill. I broke a collar bone and a couple ribs on that one and my parents wouldn't let me ride again for months and months. Scared them more than me I think. Now that I've got my own quad again I'm hoping I can avoid these things but I'm sure at some point It's going to happen, not looking forward to that feeling.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah! You never know when it's going to be your turn. Maybe it's sign telling me to slowwwww down, lol! especially when it's dusty.

Scuzz> Love that suit, wish I had that one, the bike would have just bounce on me instead of laying on me.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lmao

Nash, im glad your ok. Sounds like you and i both had a uh-oh this weekend. If i had been wearing a ninja turtle suit im sure i wouldn't be nearly as sore as i am now. My helmet has some nice battle scars where i was eventually able to get in front of the 700 and stop it from rolling about 10 more times.
Thanks, I need to wash the helmet off to see if it has any battle scares. I don't know if I would have went in front of the bike to stop it, it weighs more than I do and the gravity would have made the bike just roll over me like laying some pavement down, lol!

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
It's going to happen, not looking forward to that feeling.
Wayne (BDR455) were talking at a spot during what I call an "old man break" and we figured that we measure the amount of fun we have riding by the amount our "near death experiences" we have.

You know, the times when you were coming out of a turn sliding and went into a wheelie? Yeah that was the awesome part, but the near-death part was when during the wheelie, one wheel hooked and put you in line with a tree on the edge of the trail. You magicially let off the throttle in time to drop the front end and not clip the tree. You would swear afterwards that your tire, through some sort of interdemensional means that would have made Carl Segan scratch his head, had actually gone through the tree.

Yeah, like that.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
497 Posts
Wayne (BDR455) were talking at a spot during what I call an "old man break" and we figured that we measure the amount of fun we have riding by the amount our "near death experiences" we have.

You know, the times when you were coming out of a turn sliding and went into a wheelie? Yeah that was the awesome part, but the near-death part was when during the wheelie, one wheel hooked and put you in line with a tree on the edge of the trail. You magicially let off the throttle in time to drop the front end and not clip the tree. You would swear afterwards that your tire, through some sort of interdemensional means that would have made Carl Segan scratch his head, had actually gone through the tree.

Yeah, like that.

I think my XX went through a couple trees Sunday!

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts