Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone else notice that as soon as a guy buys a Harley he becomes an instant hard ass? I work with and have friends that walk around like they have ten pound nuts because they own Harleys. I've been riding dirt/road for over ten years. One of my friends recently bought a Harley and now he knows everything about riding and tells me "come talk to me when you get a real bike." A guy at work told me about Harley's new technology where when the bike over heats it shuts down a cylinder and sucks air through the motor to cool it down. I just started laughing, I'm sorry but I think the bikes are junk. Another thing is they have to wear Harley everything. Hats, boots, vests, shirts, jackets, its all just silly to me. Sorry, just venting...

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Some people just don't have interesting personalities and think there toys can represent there ego, It goes for more than Harley Riders. But yea, I feel ya. Those people are annoying.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Somethink that getting a harley is like the golden ticket to some exculsive club.

Harley had done alot of improvments thoughout the years making them up to par with some Jap cruiser bikes. As for the owners...they quickly forget what put harley in trouble in the first place.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I agree. I met a few Harley guys that were decent, like my old roommate. Someone told me though it is the persona of owning a Harley, just like owning a corvette. Needless to say I told the guy off, b/c that was retarded. He gave me crap for having a rice rocket, and an old norton. I said atleast I didn't have to stop every 75 miles to fill up like he did, my bike didn't cost 27K brand new, and I dont have to check every bolt on the bike to make sure it didn't loosen after every ride. And also, my riding gear would go with any bike, where his could only go with his overpriced motorcycle. Then I had a guy just like you did, buy a bike and he changed. This guy was a prick to begin with, and he had a boulevard 800 beforehand I think, well he bought like a 2003 harley for 12.2K and it had 19000 miles on it (IDK what it is but its the harley's version of the gold wing). Anyway, he said once i got off my play toy I could become a man and buy a harley. I told him id rather eat my own crap then buy something overpriced just b/c it had a name on it.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
So much hate here...Harley owner for 10+ years and I don't consider myself a dirt bag know-it-all or my bike to "suck." My softail NEVER has problems.

IMO there are douche bag owners of every brand that give all owners of that brand or particular model a bad name. Over-generalize a little more...Without first-hand experience, one has no room to talk. I know of stuck-up Honda owners that think that Honda is a gift from God. Same with Chevy owners, and so on...

·
Registered
284 Posts
So much hate here...Harley owner for 10+ years and I don't consider myself a dirt bag know-it-all or my bike to "suck." My softail NEVER has problems.

IMO there are douche bag owners of every brand that give all owners of that brand or particular model a bad name. Over-generalize a little more...Without first-hand experience, one has no room to talk. I know of stuck-up Honda owners that think that Honda is a gift from God. Same with Chevy owners, and so on...
Relax, just busting chops man. I understand your point, like you said there is douche bags in every group. In my group (sportbike rider), I'm considered a squid because I don't dress like a power ranger when I go riding.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would say that my biggest complaint about harley is that they didn't give eric buell a fair shake. Not one dealer that I ever visited kept his bikes where you could see them, like they were ashamed or something. I hope that he finds a way to keep producing his bikes with a less reluctant sales floor.

As far as harley riders I just don't understand the whole lifestyle. I owned one cruiser for my wifes sake, a honda magna. Loved the looks, style, and power of the V-4, but hated the seating position. I don't like feeling like a parachute waiting to be blown off the back. I just shake my head at guys with forward controls and tall handle bars riding with their arms and legs straight out in front of them. How can you honestly feel in control and be ready to make evasive maneuvers when you look like you just got hit in the stomach with a cannon ball?

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I rode my roomies XC chopper (I think that is what it was), and I agree with you TRipleXX. I got hit with all the wind. Atleast I had air conditioned balls for a while. But I wasnt just knocking Harley, but it was the topic of the thread.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Relax, just busting chops man. I understand your point, like you said there is douche bags in every group. In my group (sportbike rider), I'm considered a squid because I don't dress like a power ranger when I go riding.
I wasn't trying to start anything or insult anyone, but I'm not going to sit back & not say anything. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. It's like guys that will only drive American cars & talk shit about anything foreign, just because it's foreign. Or vice versa. It all comes down to personal preference. I like Harleys, & other cruisers. I also like spirtbikes, I just don't find them functional & have never ridden a sportbike I could ride for a solid 3 hours & not feel stiff/sore afterwards. I don't however go out and talk shit about an entire group based on a small sample of a huge group.

Once again, I'm not trying to offend anyone, but if I'm the only Harley owner on here, I believe I should give an opinion from the other side...

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
:funny:

You could substitute just about anything in there. My brother has been a Harley nut forever, but that isn't what made him an asshole. LOL.:hey:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.