Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I have been scopin the site for a few days now. We (meaning the hubby and I) are picking up our 700xx tonight. I actually race XC on a 450r, the 700xx is really for him . . . but I am sure he will share the love.

So I already have the first few mods lined out

1. HMF pipe - probabally a slip on. The 700xx is already a lot of power and he isn't much of a racer. He'll want a little more bite and bit more sound.

2. Skid plates - looking at the riochet package. We ride in various terrain. One place is mostly rocks and bounders.

3. ITP/Sandstar paddles - going with the 10 inch with correct offset.

4. Nerfbars - I have seen a couple sets of the AC propeg . . . if i can not locate any, the ProArmors.

He'll possible get my spare HiPer fronts with GBCs and I am looking for the right wheels for the razr 11" rears. Just not decided yet on that. BUT are the razrs just a 4 ply. I really prefer the 6ply with what we ride in.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
welcome to the site. you can get razors in 6 ply.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Welcome to the site, As mentioned the Razr comes in a 6ply. If you buy just a slipon make sure that they sell a compatible header in case you want more power in the future. Some slip-ons will not match any performance headers and you would have to buy an entire setup later if you wanted to upgrade.
The skids and nerfs are good choices. What was the deciding factor on picking them? PRM makes some great stuff and has complete coverage from bumper to bumper.
The ITP's are great choices also, One other option or the 12" ITP's which look awesome and come in the correct offset.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I did actually decide to buy the PRM last night after seeing that it is a one piece skid. I actually run the RPM body skid on my 450r for the XC racing. Which is done here in MO, the OXC series and Iowa the IATVHSS.

So far we are extremely happy with the 700xx but that was only a couple wheelies across the parking lot. :D Nice power. I was actually surprised in the fit. I thought it would feel more like my brothers Sportsman 800 (a TANK) but actually the fit is very nice.

GirlPower!!! dagirl71

·
Registered
217 Posts
Welcome Aboard!!:hey:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts