Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 700 2 weeks ago. First time "really" riding a quad. I'm more of a dirt bike guy. Grew up on dirt bikes. Currently own a KTM 690 Enduro R. My kids have a Kawasaki 90 quad. I was jealous that they could play in the snow and mud, and I couldn't with the bike. I'm deafinately hooked with the 700. Awesome power and looks. I'm going to take the Honda riders course sometime in the future. Any thoughts, comments?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Welcome aboard! I never took any rider course, so I can't offer any opinion there. You will most likely fair well riding the XX as you've come off a dirt bike and are used too riding with your weight closer to the front wheel.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Welcome to the club and do take the course which is very easy and useful if you never drove a 4 wheeler, it's pretty easy. Main reason I took it was for my insurance, it drop by 25% once I showed them proof! So enjoy it and also we have allot of members from either NJ, NY or like myself PA and MD that try to meet on a Sunday ride, so if you ever want to know when we ride, send either DaGirl or myself a note. Also look under Recreational riding, we tend to post our ride there like I did for March 14th.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!
I'm a NNJ rider also...just north of Oakland (over the 'hill'). just got mine in jan.
For the tight rocky trails here in Jersey, I recommend a sprocket change from the 14t to the 13t. The engine will run smoother up the rocky inclines, and will 'walk' along in idle. You'll find that it's easier to change the sprocket on the quad, than it is to change it on your KTM!
Enjoy! ...and see ya out there!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome. I am also from NNJ....a few miles north GW Bridge. The KTM 690 is a nice bike...I am thinking of getting a 300 xcw 2 stroke for some enduro racing. I also ride an Aprilia SXV550 if ever want to ride together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes. I live in Warren County by Hackettstown. I have a limited trail system in the woods, just off of the railroad tracks. It works for practice and toying around with the kids. I rode my KTM at Lost Trails last year and am deafinately planning on riding the 700xx out there this year. I'm going to ride Hatfield McCoy this summer as well. Thanks for the advice as well.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Rommel

We are going to Hatfield as a group in June, look under Recreational Riding. We might still have a few open spots but you would need to check with Dagirl71 since she took care of the reservations which we all thank her for that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Nash. I'm not sure when I'm going yet. My friend and I were going to ride our dirt bikes...but then I bought the 700. Is it possible for one person to ride a bike and another ride a quad on the same trails without any real difficulty?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Rommel
You can basically anything there, UTV, ATV and Dirt Bikes. They have trails for all the above, they even have single track trails for Dirt Bikes so he'll have as much fun as we will.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts