Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i was all pumped up to take my 700xx out for its first ride . i took it easy for the first 5-10 min and just as i started to get on it a little my bike began smoking...i glanced over and noticed antifreeze literally shooting out onto my pant leg and boot. so i immediately stopped. let her cool down and took the plastic piece off to examine the radiator and hoses. it appeared as though the cap was on snuggly and all hoses were connected. however a small hose connecting to the top of the radiator was attached but not slid up over a little raised lip. so i pushed the hose on further and placed the clamp back on it. i checked my antifreeze level and it was full in the overflow but the radiator itself was only about half full. i started it up assuming it would suck it up from the overflow and headed off the hill. i noticed no other leaking or antifreeze shooting back at me on the way back. after getting home and lettin it sit i rechecked the antifreeze. the overflow was still full and the radiator still half full...so my questions being shouldn't the radiator have filled back up from the overflow and does anyone have any things i may have missed and should check as far as connections or possible places for the antifreeze to leak from?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
You created an air pocket when you put the tube back on.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The radiator will only suck coolant out of the overflow when it cools down completely, and even then it wont suck much at a time, so your best bet is to just fill it up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts