Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to do research on new bows. I have had my Browning Excellerator 3 for 15 yrs. I think its going to be time to get a new bow before september, s I can get used to it before bow season starts. I have been looking at a couple but I have know idea what all is available nowadays. List any and all equipment good/bad that you have.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have done a couple quick searches. I am liking the hoyt alphaburner, but hate price. There are so many now its unreal. I will look at the kodiak.

·
Registered
455 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
BTW This is the one I have that I want to upgrade.

It's an old Martin that my cousin gave me when I was like 12.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I have a Bowtech Guardian and love it.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Traditional Black Widow recurve here. Its 58# at 28".

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn 92, I am a little beter off than that.
Looed online about a couple, the bowtech destroyer 340 and 350 look nice, as well as the invasion.

·
Registered
455 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My rock river is ordered. Had a sundevil for a while, that was a real nice gun. My rra is for coyote/varmint hunting. What make is yours. If you haven't guessed, hunting is my other big hobby.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I've got both a Hyperlite and a Conquest Triumph. I got both of these bows at the same time last fall, at a Garage sale, for $300 apiece. Couldn't pass up on the deal.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Detroyer 350's have had issues with strings derailing. Supposedly the 2011's have fixed this issue. I have an Elite Z28 and a Strother Vanquish. Both are awesome bows. Between the 2 I have close to 3K in them and I hardly ever even shoot them. This year I am going to make a commitment to get out and shoot more and hunt more too. I had plenty of time to hunt last season but just couldn't get my ass in gear and go. I am looking for a lease in NE Mo so I can hunt private land and be able to hunt without worries of someone hunting the spots where I like to hunt.

There are a ton of bows out there now and they are all pretty much good bows. Strother makes a bow named the Valor that is supposed to be a super nice bow for the price. Martin just hasn't made a bow to interest me yet. Hoyt is a good bow but over rated in my opinion but the Hoyt mafia will say I'm just a hater. LOL Best thing to do is hit a shop that has as many brands as possible and shoot them all till you find a bow that pics you to buy it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A Mo guy, I am not to far from you dirt, bout 90 miles north in bowling green. My uncle has ahoyt and I used to want one real bad. I need to put my hands on some and see what feels good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.