Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am near the tri state area.. ride in the Poconos mostly... have some local trails but nothing great.

Was thinking snow shoe rails to trails would be decent.. Also a couple of rides near the RAC coming up.

Local site I use for riding is theatvzone.com. Great group of older people (no young punks)...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey,
I rode lost trails (pocono area)... To many rocks, its the second time I have been out.

RAC would be fun, but I dont know the area that well.

Anywhere else?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RAC is 22000 acres for $100 a year in treverton pa/pottsville pa.

Look on youtube for treverton.. mostly hill climbs on youtube but it has it all.. awesome place to ride.

also on theatvzone.com look at camp ziggy, $20 a day for camping and safe parking in private lot. a week long ride july 4th-12th is coming up. You have to show up in person to get a permit which I strongly recommend having.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, you have the full mix mud, dirt, and coal BUT it is a coal mining operation so expect some...

As far as rocks, its PA.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah how was it? I plan on riding between june15-19th, one of those days. I need to find a member to let me in, otherwise its $200 for the year.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh man... I wish I had read this earlier.

I just confirmed a SSRT ride June 17, and 18th with my buddy. He never gets time to go anywhere.. Also got a hotel through expedia that has a fee to cancel.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
SSRT is snow shoe rails to trails located near Penn State in PA (about an hour). Closer to bellefont.

ssrt.org about 100 miles of trails total so I am told, and the best part. Only $15 a year!

Says you are about 3 hours to snow shoe.. you should definitely check it out.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
suggested speed limit. 2 guys cover 100000 acres.. so yeah. I dont think they are sitting with a radar gun.

For example, a local place has a 30 mph speed limit. The terrain is tough, so going any faster is next to impossible. Some sections you can open it up.

Just like driving, be safe on corners, if an opening or opportunity comes up. Nail it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts