Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
SSRT is snow shoe rails to trails located near Penn State in PA (about an hour). Closer to bellefont.

ssrt.org about 100 miles of trails total so I am told, and the best part. Only $15 a year!

Says you are about 3 hours to snow shoe.. you should definitely check it out.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I bought the xx because i like to go fast, ssrt has speed limits, none of wich exceed 20mph. Not my kind of riding . I don`t mind puttin around on trails, But at some point, I just gotta let loose....

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Went to dixon today and it is rocky, some trails were good and quick but overall it was rocky and single track, started to get busy so I left...too many chances for a head on collision especially going down or up a steep hill

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
suggested speed limit. 2 guys cover 100000 acres.. so yeah. I dont think they are sitting with a radar gun.

For example, a local place has a 30 mph speed limit. The terrain is tough, so going any faster is next to impossible. Some sections you can open it up.

Just like driving, be safe on corners, if an opening or opportunity comes up. Nail it!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Rule # (7. Slow Speed Zone (5 miles per hour) are designated in the following locations: All bridges, tunnel, residential areas near Clarence Archery Shop through Number 10, Gillentown. Speeds should not exceed 20 miles per hour in all other areas.) Doesn`t sound suggested to me. I`m the guy who would be wot in third right as one of those two guys show up. Then he would be angry with me and kick me out. BANNED FOR LIFE. As far as safe on corners, I raced micro sprints, corners are for getting sideways. lol...

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Has anybody gone to http://www.rockrunrecreation.com/

FishersATVworld went there and supposedly it's real nice and fun. From what I can see by their maps, they have numerous trails. It's right outside of Patton, PA

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's less than an hour from me, I've been trying to figure out when I can make it up there. I've heard nothing but good things about the place.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Yeah! Thinking about going there the last weekend of June, perhaps make it a 3 day weekend and rough out the camping

21 - 33 of 33 Posts