Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

What Brand and Date To End Group Buy / Poll Closes on 02/10/2011

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I was wandering if there is anyone interested in a group buy on some fox or elka shocks. I was thinking tax season is upon us soon and maybe others would like to buy some shocks... So anyone out there with the same thought?

·
Registered
755 Posts
I know there was just a fox shock group buy about a month ago that you missed. Maybe there would be interest in Wiigstyle redo the rear shocks since it's cheaper and could probably get more people. My rear shocks are over there right now and I'll have a review once they're back. I know Baxter liked the result and hope I do too.:tup:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I wish I could've got in on that last one I just didn't have the funds then. I haven't put any thought into the redo... so that maybe an option but really leaning towards new all around.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I would be interested in a Elka group buy depending on my funds/the price we could get. Ishock has the stage 2 for just over $700 and stage 3 just over $1000. So it would have to be better than that

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
You could always ask Jim at Motowoz , to see if he could do something.
Thats where I am ordering mine from , Heard really good things about his shocks.
You could always Email him, another real nice guy. :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Baxter, I e-mailed him; just waiting for an answer. I'm not familiar with Motowoz; i.e why did you choose them over fox or elka? Would you mind giving some detail?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sent Ed at TeixeiraTech a pm asking if he would be interested in checking into a group buy option.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I can see what I can do for all of you if you would like. I just need to know what shocks you would all want. Do you have preferences on the shocks or would you prefer it be based on pricing?

Ed

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Thanks Baxter, I e-mailed him; just waiting for an answer. I'm not familiar with Motowoz; i.e why did you choose them over fox or elka? Would you mind giving some detail?
The problem I have in the UK , is I don't have the sevice support you guys have for Elka and Fox.
I choose Motowoz because I looked at Doug Bergstrom sponsors list , hit the website and was impressed. Then Josh Wiig recommended them as I have problems with the S1 Elka's overheating. Talked to Doug alittle more and was sold.
Sent an Email to Jim and found him to be a real nice guy and knew that what ever he built , I would be happy with. :D

·
Registered
755 Posts
maybe some stage 5 elkas
Don't think elka makes stage 5 shocks unless you mean the factory shocks but they are only for the front and I haven't seen them available for the xx.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Personally I was thinking of Stage 3's if we go with Elka's.

·
Registered
626 Posts
josh was talking about them in his review for baja 1000 i am pretty sure we can get the factory shocks they would want to be nice but to get rid of my fox all the way around

·
Registered
70 Posts
Guys...I'd be interested in either Elka's or Fox (depending on the price). I'd also like to get some upper arms from Ed. For me I was thinking elka stage 2 + compression adjustment. I guess we'd have to come to some agreement but I'm open to some ideas. Keep me in the loop.

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I emailed elka and described my riding which is a bit of everything and they recommended the stage 3. To be honest unless cash is just falling out your ass or you are a pro I don't think stage 5 is really necessary IMO. I think I'm going to go for the 3s if we can get something going

1 - 20 of 68 Posts