Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get a gps unit for x-mas, but not sure what kind or type to get.. dont want to spend a lot of $$... i want to use it mainly for quad riding... should i get a hand held type or regular car type? i know garmin is good, but curious what others have... thanks.....time to smoke up the trails....:nuts:

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have Garmin Gpsmap 76 got it on fleabay for $76 and love it. It has been discontinued but works well, it's waterproof and very light. Get a Ram mount for your handlebars and you are set.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Garmin 60csx. Get a RAM mount

·
Registered
253 Posts
I bought my dad a Garmin last Christmas. He's not exactly the most technology literate person but he still can do everything on it. Very simple to use, never had a problem with the maps or satellite connection or anything like that. I like to put it in my back back when I ride to check out what I had been doing. Tells the top speed and all that stuff. Pretty neat.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok garmin it is, with a ram mount... thanks for the help!!:yay:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Garmin E Trex has been with me for a few years now and still working great through the mud, class 4 rapids (in a creek at Royal Blue after it had been raining for days on end). That wasn't the brightest thing I've ever done but you live and hopefully learn. Anyway good product and not expensive, I think I'm going to try the Oregon out. Its a little pricey.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have the Garmin 76S, waterproof the mapping feature is nice. The only thing I have found is when using AA batteries it shuts down from vibration, using the 12V power cord remedied that. I think you can pick them up pretty cheap on E-Bay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts