Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a AFE Pro Dry s conical filter in my truck and it works great. It flows better than paper and is easy to clean. No oiling is required and most of the time all i do is take it out and tap the loose dirt out and put it back in. If it's really dirty i wash it with soap and water and let it dry. This got me to thinking. If this filter flows as good as a uni and doesn't require oiling. It could be a good option for us. If your riding in a really dusty area you could just take it out and tap the dirt out of it and keep on riding. No need to clean and re-oil. This could be used in conjunction with a pre filter for even better non oiled performance.
What do you guys think?
http://afepower.com/shop/details_new.php?partno=81-10063&menu=gas&&brandID=80

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think using a pre filter with it is a good idea.

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the EHS lid. So i'm thinking about trying one of these. They are expensive but you wouldn't have to buy any cleaner or oil for it.
Also these filters repel water. It doesn't go right threw like you would think.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
From what I can read in their instruction sheets, they both need to be service with oil so basically the same concept of K&N except more $$

·
Registered
734 Posts
The Amsoil I am 100% sure does not need oiling, just use compressed air from the inside out and you-re done.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
No they don't need oiling. Maybe they share the same instructions with the oiled versions?
ur right

for me its too much money atm :p 110$ shipped to sweden, maybe next year :p

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
This is what they say under their instructions;
NEVER​
use an aFe filter without oil. The oil is required to capture the finer
dirt particles.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
The Amsoil I am 100% sure does not need oiling, just use compressed air from the inside out and you-re done.

You're correct about these ones

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is a pro DRY s filter. I have one on my truck and it works great. May be a typo or a mistake on there part! Idk why it says that , but these filters are very popular on baja Tacoma's.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I went to the Amsoil website and they don't have a filter for the 700xx?
Am I wrong?

·
Registered
734 Posts
They dont make one for the raptor per se either, we use them with the pro design billet intake base and looked at the measurements of the filter to make sure it fit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts