Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find a manual for my 06 civic but no one makes it yet well except honda but I don't have 150 bucks for it

I blew the head gasket and I need torque specs and general how to on the head removal
And what special tools are needed

Oh and how to set the timing if I move the chain accidentally lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have access to Alldata.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah scuzz im on a couple differant honda forums I keep getting the same thing no one makes a manual yet except honda and noone seems to have access to it :eek:hno:

skier207 that would probably have the oem manual

I have a friend that works for a dealership in the service dept. but I havent been able get ahold of him

·
Registered
574 Posts
yeah scuzz im on a couple differant honda forums I keep getting the same thing no one makes a manual yet except honda and noone seems to have access to it :eek:hno:

skier207 that would probably have the oem manual

I have a friend that works for a dealership in the service dept. but I havent been able get ahold of him
What do you need other than torque specs? What model? Which engine/transmission? I go to work later today I can see what I can find. Yes a lot of the stuff on Alldata is copied right from the manual. I don't get off work until midnight Az time so it may be late before I send you anything.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well what special tools are required,
kind of a general idea of how to remove the head ie: how to loosen the timing chain pull the gear or whatever it takes to get that loose lol

im seriously thinking it will be easier to pull the motor out mainly for room and I need to do the clutch as well in 06 they decided to sink the motor in the firewall about six inches it is tight to get to the back of the head

my car is an 06 civic EX coupe 1.8l 5 speed man.

thanks man

·
Registered
574 Posts
PM sent...

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dude you are the man :thanks:

thanks for posting scuzz but I belive skier207 has me hooked up proper lol

from the looks of it I have to pull the motor anyway or have very small hands :disgust:

man I wish I had the money id do a build up on the motor while it was out

oh well id just get my licence suspended if I did that lol

·
Registered
189 Posts
im partr of honda-tech and they are a general nice area. K^5, Ivtec DOHC very very nice people. Just ask in the GDD thread and im sure we can come up with the answer for you. I have a 07 si BTW

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys

Well I had a little set back I've had the motor ready to go back together but I found a crack in my head

I have been looking for an aftermarket one but no one makes it yet so I found a used one local and I'm trying to acquire funds lol

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
hey guys just wanted to thank you guys again for the help :thanks:

my car is running great no ac at the moment though :eek:hno:

and i ran out of paint for my bumper so i had to improvise personally I think it looks like crap but everyone seems to like it so far :nuts:

here I took some pics during the process and after

·
Registered
574 Posts
You're welcome, glad I could help. :tup:

Did you end up doing any mods to the engine while it was out? :confused:

I am old big block guy, but I am very impressed with the Japanese motors. I could only imagine what you might get if Honda made a 454.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no i barely had the $$$ to replace the head wish i could have it would be blown if i had the money to upgrade it but I just didnt have it right now all I need is injectors, blowoff valve and tubing plus a better lower end (less miles or wear)

lmao man i had a friend begging me to put his LS1 from his rolled camero in it but im still paying for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts