Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey 700xx'rs,

I've found myself needing a power outlet (cigarette lighter socket) to my XX to charge my phone, gps, margarita machine, etc. :lol:

Wondered who out here has done it? I did it fairly easily to my 400ex, installed it under hood in front of steering stem. The 700 doesn't have to same room and my IMS tank limits me further.

I know we're all pretty creative out here, your ideas are appreciated.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
i would like that too maybe a rincon , foreman or rancher power outlet could be rigged up on the XX?:xx:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Me 3, thats not a bad idea at all, considering I am usually the one who stays dry and is in charge of the gps when my group rides.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i have one in my toolbox on the back

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
That's sweet, looks like a ammo box? Any more info on box and maybe a profile picture. I have the same rear rack w/out the box.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts

that is cool! thats good for long expeditions and exploring new territory, you can carry all your emergency stuff for out on the trail

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
that is cool! thats good for long expeditions and exploring new territory, you can carry all your emergency stuff for out on the trail
And be able to light a smoke up! Lol but the 12 volt oultet would be sweet to power up a air pump or charge a dead cell phone, ect ect...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I too would like a 12v socket, but as you say - where?
I've started leaning toward under the seat. There it should be protected from water, debris, etc. Additionally, it would be super close to wire into the battery.

I can run power cable along frame to the bars for gps, phone, etc.
If I need to air up a tire (or fire up the blender) I could just pop the seat off.

Whatcha think?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
thats a good idea if you dont have the toolbox under the 6pacrac- to put under seat

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
I've started leaning toward under the seat. There it should be protected from water, debris, etc. Additionally, it would be super close to wire into the battery.

I can run power cable along frame to the bars for gps, phone, etc.
If I need to air up a tire (or fire up the blender) I could just pop the seat off.

Whatcha think?
I was thinking about using the small and cheap tool tube under the seat, you could probably seal that up pretty good, but IDK.

If just using for emergency's not needing to light up or mix drink's on a frequent basis. I just went with the sae to 12 volt adapter. And jack it in my battery tender lead. Beside's testing it, I have yet to use it, and sometimes leave it behind. I usually ride with Razr's and Utility's that have them. And I just use rechargeable batteries on my GPS. I've never had it turn off, unless batteries die. I picked one up at the local Radio shack but I cant find a listing to link online. Here's similar item on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004TZIG9O...e=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B004TZIG9O

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.