Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is normal on my crf, but never noticed it on the xx.

If the xx is in gear and motor not running, pulling the clutch lever does not dis-engage the gear to allow one to roll it around in the garage. I noticed it after installing a powermadd hand gaurd. BTW, I have not started the bike in maybe 6 months.

·
Registered
455 Posts
It does too. You just have to push it a little hard to break it loose.

My dads Harley does it as well as my XX. I've never paid attention to it because I've grown up around motorcycles. I think my sport bike does it but not as noticeable.

·
Registered
538 Posts
yep, all my sport quads with a clutch have done this. The more you push it the less resistance you'll get.

6 months, man you need to get out and ride!! :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
You might have to roll it the opposite way then roll it the way you want to go faster and it will break it loose. If you don't get that little bit of impact it will usually just drag the tires. (If you're on a polished concrete garage floor)

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I dont think I have been on something that this doesn't do that. I know my 1000RR was really hard to move around, the 600RR is easier, but still there is some drag.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I haven't noticed it on my ZX6R but it might be because I don't think about it anymore.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep, all my sport quads with a clutch have done this. The more you push it the less resistance you'll get.

6 months, man you need to get out and ride!! :)

I've been riding my 2 wheelers about 2 or 3 times a week....lost some interest in the quads so they're just parked.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I haven't touched the quads most of the year unitll yesterday when I tried to roll it and noticed it. I know some of my other bikes do that, just was't sure if the xx did also. Anyway, moved my bikes around today, and it seems this only happens on the Japanese bikes.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. I haven't touched the quads most of the year unitll yesterday when I tried to roll it and noticed it. I know some of my other bikes do that, just was't sure if the xx did also. Anyway, moved my bikes around today, and it seems this only happens on the Japanese bikes.
Also the xx doesn,t like to start in gear either (few things removed).
I had a KTM 520 didnt like to be pushed whilst clutch pulled in /in gear either.The only one that was easy was a Kawasaki and Honda 125 ,2 strokes I had.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i have stock grips and mine have never done this... i have about 1/8 of play in the lever

1 - 10 of 10 Posts