Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mite have to separate the motor case on a 700 to look for/clean out any debris from a piston disaster, so dont know what its gonna take to complete the job.

Question: has anyone on here done this before ??

If so...how hard is it to do??

Any specialty tools needed ??

Thanx

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
It is very tedious and labor intensive. There are lots of pieces and parts especially in the transmission. You will need a couple of special tools to split the case. Its really not difficult just a pain. Get yourself a service manual and a bunch of ziploc sandwich bags and label all the parts. My buddy made a tool to seperate his case for the 700xx and i dont know if you can buy one specific for this particular model.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the advice, realy not sure it needs taken apart yet, but I dont like the possability of bits & pieces of metal float'n around inside the motor.

Been think'n of a way to test the waters before tear'n into it, maybe flush it out a time ot two with some fluid/oil & see if anything empties out along with the fluid.

I also have a XR650R that needs the case split so I can put a new crank in it, maybe the same case seperater will do for both machines.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
You only need special tools if you have to remove the crank. If you only want to split the cases then no tools are needed but just use common sense. I have split both motors and the only special tool I used was a flywheel puller and a Motion Pro clutch ,vise grip thingy.

·
Registered
528 Posts
You only need special tools if you have to remove the crank. If you only want to split the cases then no tools are needed but just use common sense. I have split both motors and the only special tool I used was a flywheel puller and a Motion Pro clutch ,vise grip thingy.

its not hard, these 2 tools is all you need, i actually bought a bolt for the flywheel instead of a puller and it worked perfect with a little grease on the end.and it only cost me $8. just use cardboard to keep track of where your bolts go, i did mine over a weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts