Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a FMF fuel programmer,FMF Q pipe and K&N filter. I was riding in the Oregon dunes. While climbing some steep dunes my XX it would sputter out and die 3/4 of the way up. It died twice while climbing steep dunes and then was fine for the rest of the afternoon. It starts right back up after it dies and the power seems fine. I'm just wondering if my programmer is on it's way out? At idle my programmer seems to bounce between 3 lights lit and 1 light lit. Can anyone with an FMF programmer tell me if theirs does the same. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I'm not so sure that it's your bank angle sensor. Generally, this trips if you roll over, not from going up a steep dune. Going up steep things (dunes, hills) is something that quads regularly do and any sensor should not trip unless you get to a point of no return. If I remember correctly, that sensor is either tripped or not and once tripped, you need to right the quad, turn the key off, wait a couple seconds for the sensor to reset, turn the key back to on start the quad and go.

This happened a couple races ago with a friend on her 700xx... she rolled over on an off camber turn but could not get her quad to start again when back on her wheels. I came over, turned her key off and turned it back on after 2-3 seconds. Her quad started right back up. She didn't know about the bank angle sensor.

roadkill

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have had mine do the same thing, the angle sensor will shut it down if you get it standing on the rear bar. I have the fmf full exhaust factory 4.1 k&n and fmf tuner. ha ha also at the dunes in florance

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sounds more like a fuel pick up problem to me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks

Thanks for all the info everyone. I was out on the XX today and it seemed to run fine. It did stall once at idle when i hit the throttle quickly.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
i have an extra rollover switch here... maybe ill cut it open and find a good way to fix it in location
There is a way to bypass the rollover switch. I removed mine to put the regulater/rectifier in its place to fit the steering dampner.

I was wondering how much fuel you had in the tank when it cut out. The fuel tap is at the front of the tank. You always try it on reserve if it does it again on the steep climbs.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
I was wondering how much fuel you had in the tank when it cut out. The fuel tap is at the front of the tank. You always try it on reserve if it does it again on the steep climbs.
that was my first thought too.
I ride the oregon dunes all the time, and have never had this issue though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks

Thanks Baxter/Britalican. I left Umpqua Beach lot #3 with a full tank. i climbed Banshee Hill a couple of times and then it happen shortly after that. So my tank should have been 3/4+ at least. I'm wondering if i just had a bad plug.

·
Registered
184 Posts
mine has done it with a full tank or really low on res. I did find that mixing 111 race fuel with non eth 93 it does it a lot less. I might have to check my plug I havent pulled it in like 3 years

1 - 12 of 12 Posts