Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys this might be worth a shot. Are any of you int the usaf ?
And couldyou locate me a desert tan flight suit in size 52 R.

gary

·
Registered
95 Posts
check your base px/bx uniform store they should be able to order you one.

Former navy here, spent 6 yrs active.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
check your base px/bx uniform store they should be able to order you one.

Former navy here, spent 6 yrs active.
see i am in the united kingdom and not even in the armed forces. but need the flightsuit.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
see i am in the united kingdom and not even in the armed forces. but need the flightsuit.

Just out of Curiousity what would you need the flight suit for if not in the military...

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Great talking point with a GIRL, lol!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
corsasri,
Even if this is probably on the up-and-up, I still wouldn't even think of doing it. It is an open invitation for someone to put all the insignias on a fake uniform and do bad things. If you are not in the military don't try to impersonate one of Americas finest.:steamed:
Sid
By-the-way, please capitalize USAF if you don't mind.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
corsasri,
Even if this is probably on the up-and-up, I still wouldn't even think of doing it. It is an open invitation for someone to put all the insignias on a fake uniform and do bad things. If you are not in the military don't try to impersonate one of Americas finest.:steamed:
Sid
X2 and my whole reason for asking my question

·
Registered
284 Posts
Just out of Curiousity what would you need the flight suit for if not in the military...
corsasri,
Sid
Why does everyone jump on the hater wagon so quick. Maybe he or someone he knows is looking to collect different uniforms from branches of military. A buddy of mine collects all military hats from every military around the world.

Give the guy a break and help him out until you see he is not using it for the right intensions.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Why does everyone jump on the hater wagon so quick. Maybe he or someone he knows is looking to collect different uniforms from branches of military. A buddy of mine collects all military hats from every military around the world.

Give the guy a break and help him out until you see he is not using it for the right intensions.
If its a hat its one thing... Its a Flight suit specifically.... I am sitting here in Iraq so I am a little leary when people ask for Uniforms who arent affiliated with the military. I just think a little more Information as to the use of said suit would help out.. sorry for my questioning but well its strange times in the world and you never really know whats coming up next... sorry

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Someguy,
I am with you 100%. These are strange times and a request like this just doesn't sound Kosher. Sure there may be some logical explanation but as you pointed out more explanation would be helpful. It would not however, change my decision to help out. There are pawn shops all over the world so a flight suit could be purchased anywhere. It may be from the Bulgarian Army of 1940s vintage so who cares. NOT FROM THE CURRENT US MILITARY!!! NO WAY NO HOW!!
Someguy,
Thank you and your loved ones for your service and the dedication of your buddies and their families.
Stay safe !:tup:
Sid

·
Registered
95 Posts
<--- Agrees with someguy

If you're not in the military and not even from our country I find it hard to believe you would need a flight suit unless maybe it's for a play or something like that.

I still have all of my uniforms from the navy but I wouldn't get rid of them for anything. Times like these you never know just when and where a threat will come from.

Even with the threat of anyone buying valid Military uniforms anyone can buy them online.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Cranedaddy, I still have all my Navy ones too, well, I only kept one pair of Utilities, but they are obselete now anyway. Seems like the only thing I have that is still good are the jumper whites and blues.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the replys. The reson i need the flightsuit for is simple. I have just built a replica ghostbusters proton pack with lights and sound and to finish the costume i need a nomex tan flight suit in size 52.
I am a bit of a costume geek. I have a full star wars stormtrooper costume. a bit fat to use that now :lmao: and a star wars biker scout costume that i still use today. And i have a colonial marine costume from alien and the pulse rifle and the shoulder lanp.
I am a member of the 501st garrison tk3312 gary pusey. I do loads of charity work and all this stuff dose not come cheap.
here is a short video of the pack without the thrower,

So if you can get me a flightsuit cheap thats cool.

·
Registered
183 Posts
A flight suit, or any other US military uniform, is something to be earned, not bought cheaply. 'Cheap' and our uniform do not belong in the same sentence.

BTW, nomex does not come cheap anywhere. Good luck in your search, but I do not agree with the use of our uniform as a "costume", whether its for good or bad.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I am all for Authenticity, but I think that in this Case to ask for a military uniform is a bit Much. Tan Coveralls would work just as well. I dont think the Movie even used actual US uniforms. A google search will Give you loads of options but as far as a authentic US Uniform well... thats a tough one my friend.. Best of Luck in the costume search.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
all the other guys that do the costume use the tan nomex flight suit. cant use the ones that where used in the first film as the suits where never branded. the reson we all try to use the same brand is so we all look the same.
i just thought you gays in the usaf could get stuff thats all.

gary

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts