Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, been reading the forum a lot and learning a ton about the XX.

i bought myself a small powdercoating setup awhile back. i only have a small oven so i never really advertised it much, but i was doing some things last night and realized just about everything but the frame off an XX will most likely fit in my oven.

So would there be any interest?

reason i ask is I'm ordering more powder, specifically red and black as those seem to be the popular colors, and if people would be interested i will order more powder.

I can get pics of what i have done on my XX, right now its the heat shield and the pegs, but they look great!

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Where r u located and what would be the average cost for like wheels, exhaust system

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I'd like to see some pics of what you've done so for.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok here are a couple quick pics with my cell, not the best quality but...

first is the stock heat shield, powdercoated red:

Second is a close up of the foot pegs powdercoated gloss black- notice they are scuffed up but not scratched thru the paint, this is after riding every possible weekend since december, the stock painted ones were showing metal after my second ride:

and this is a diff cover i did just for practice, showing what gloss black looks likes fresh:

* diff cover was already pitted with rust, on clean metal powder flows out just like paint.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
went ahead and powedercoated my rear grab bar for everyone to see, fresh outta the oven back on the XX, this is a 95% shine black ( hint of dullness)

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
nice id be interested i liked the heatsheild in red i think the footpegs would look cool red as well as my nerfbars. i dont really think honda put enough red on the bike for my liking i actually wanna ride red!!!! got anywhere with a price list yet?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pricing is going to vary somewhat per person, like it you want a bunch of stuff a ton of different colors will be more than if its all one color. most of the little parts ( heat shields, footpegs, that size) will be 15-25 bucks, depending on how many ppl send me stuff- will be cheaper for everyone if im powdercoating 5 heat shields at once rather than one.

for a grab bar, prolly like 30, cuz mine actually took a lot of powder to do.

like i said- if you send me a bunch of stuff to do at once, ill work out something with you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im thinkin of maybe doing a "group buy" deal to get things started here on the heat shields, since ppl seem to like those done in red, give it to you guys super cheap if i can get enough at once

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.