Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where i can find lowering suspenion, I want to lower my 700 but not sure where to find good products any help??

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I just tried a search with Yahoo.com and entered the search "honda atv lowering kits" and they came back with several hits.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
The fronts are easy , The rears are more difficult ! How much do you want to lower the quad . Less than 7" is supermoto , which is a whole new ball game.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I don't think there are any kits available but it may not be to hard or expensive to get a set of lowering springs made. Just contact a shock company and I'm sre if you send them your stock ones they can make some to replace them

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys im looking to go supermotos status with still having the option of using the coilover adjustment for different terrain. It will prob. have the same problem as a car when lowered and have negative camber on the tires but im not worried i can fab. something up for that. I love the 700 but just find it a bit to high id like a lower wider stance

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
just get shorther shocks.... how much lower are you looking to go? inch wise...
Where would he look to get shorter shocks? Springs would be the easiest and cheapest way to go unless he's looking to go big. Whats your budget like TBagger?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where would he look to get shorter shocks? Springs would be the easiest and cheapest way to go unless he's looking to go big. Whats your budget like TBagger?
i dont really budget myself id like to make the 700 what id like it to be. im just worried about after putting just springs in with the coilovers i will have negative camber. anyone know if this would happen or if it would be a bad thing??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the main thing is this quad is super top heavy and tends to tip i want toavoid that on sharp turns with also giving it the wide low feel. if i can achieve that the 700 would meet all my needs haha :hey:

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
A set of extended a-arms will give you more stability if that's what your goal is

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Take your shocks off and see what it does.I have had mine off and it will drop the frame to the ground in the front but i am not sure on the camber

·
Registered
184 Posts
get some 08 kawi 450r shocks there shotrer and are spring,comp, and rebound adj. you just have to cut the upper bracket and widen it and then reweld it back onto the frame. ya I bought a set if thoes shocks to try and make fit but they lowered the bike about 3in or so. for the rear just cut 1/2 coil off at a time till it sits where you want it. I think if you do put the kawi shocks on you might have to drill out the holes on the a arms for the proper bolts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
that seems a bit much but always is a good opinion thanks brother. i was thinking of cutting the rear spring but was hoping just to find shorter ones online somewhere but noone relly has parts like that for the xx crazy!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts